Revised Rate of 7th Pay Commission Risk and Hardship Allowance – High R1H1
7th Pay Commission recommended just two slabs for each allowance–with one rate for officers and a lower rate for PBORs. Most of the existing relativities have been maintained.
Pay Level 9 and above = Rs. 25,000 per month
Pay Level 8 and below = Rs. 17,300 per month
The cell subsumes the following allowances:
- Flying Allowance
- MARCOS and Chariot Allowance
- Special Forces Allowance
- Submarine Allowance
- COBRA Allowance
- High Altitude Allowance-CAT III
The rates have been arrived at by averaging the existing rates of Flying Allowance above and below GP 5400 (PB-3) and then applying a factor of 1.5. For e.g. for GP 5400 and above, the average of Rs. 15,750, Rs. 21,000, Rs. 16,500 and Rs. 13,500 comes to Rs. 16,688.
With a factor of 1.5, the rate becomes for Rs. 25032 pm (which has been rounded off). Similarly exercise has been done for GP 5400 and above also. The methodology adopted will have the intended consequence of benefitting the junior officers and ranks more compared to higher officers and ranks. For e.g. the allowance for a Sepoy will go up from Rs. 10,500 to Rs. 17,300 pm, while it would have been only Rs. 15,750 if a simple factor of 1.5 was applied to his rate of allowance.
There is an existing parity between Flying Allowance, MARCOS and Chariot Allowance, Special Forces Allowance and Submarine Allowance. This parity has been kept intact.
COBRA allowance, which is currently 80 percent of MARCOS and Chariot Allowance has been brought at par with MARCOS and Chariot Allowance. This is a conscious decision in view of the threat of Left Wing Extremism and a strong demand for parity in this regard.
Flying Allowance, covered in this cell, should be extended mutatis mutandis to personnel of BSF Air Wing also and their present system of paying flying allowance on an hourly basis should be done away with.
Click to other Risk and Hardship Allowances…
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – RH-Max
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R1H1 (R1 High H1 High)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R1H2 (R1 High H2 Medium)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R1H3 (R1 High H3 Low)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R2H1 (R2 High H1 High)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R2H2 (R2 High H2 Medium)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R2H3 (R2 High H3 Low)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R3H1 (R3 High H1 High)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R3H2 (R3 High H2 Medium)
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Matrix – R3H3 (R3 High H3 Low)