7th CPC Pay Calculator for Teachers in Universities and Colleges
7th Pay Commission Teachers, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges PayScale Salary Calculator
Revision of pay of teachers and equivalent cadres in universities and colleges
UGC 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator for Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors
Pay Review Committee (PRC) constituted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to revise the pay scales of teachers in the Higher Educational Institutions under the purview of the UGC. We have developed a simple online calculator (not in the excel sheet) to find your new and revised basic pay.
[Note: All figures are indicative]
Revised pay for Teachers in Universities and Colleges
Assistant Professor Pay Scale 6000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.6000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100
- Revised pay: Academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.57,700
Assistant Professor Pay Scale 7000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.7000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100
- Revised pay: Academic Level 11 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.68,900)
Assistant Professor Pay Scale 8000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.8000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100
- Revised pay: Academic Level 12 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.79,800
Associate Professor Pay Scale 9000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.9000 AGP in PB Rs.37,400- 67,000
- Revised pay: Academic Level 13A with rationalized entry pay of Rs. 1,31,400
Associate Professor Pay Scale 10000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs. 10000 AGP in PB Rs.37,400- 67,000
- Revised pay: Academic Level 14 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,44,200
Associate Professor Pay HAG Scale
- Existing pay: Rs.67,000-79,000
- Revised pay: Academic Level 15 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,82,200
For fixation of pay of an employee in the Pay Matrix as on 1st January 2016, the existing pay (Pay in Pay Band plus Academic Grade Pay) in the pre-revised structure as on 31st December 2015 shall be multiplied by a factor of 2.57.
The figure so arrived at is to be located in the Academic Level corresponding to employee’s Pay Band and Academic Grade Pay in the new Pay Matrix.
If a Cell identical with the figure so arrived at is available in the appropriate Academic Level, that Cell shall be the revised pay; otherwise the next higher cell in that Academic Level shall be the revised pay of the employee.
If the figure arrived at in this manner is less than the first cell in that Academic Level, then the pay shall be fixed at the first cell of that Academic Level.
How is the assistant professor’s salary calculated?
As per UGC pay revision order, the Assistant Professor basic salary is Rs. 57700 after 7th pay commission. In 6th CPC, Assistant Professor grade was in Rs. 6000 AGP, now their pay level is 10.
UGC Pay Scale Latest News 2020
- Concordance Pension Table for Retired Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of University and college July 14, 2020
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) Clarification on 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers of Technical June 6, 2020
- 7th CPC Revised UGC pay scales to the Teachers, Civilian Academic Officer of NDA, Khadakwasla and ACC Wing, IMA April 17, 2020
- Precautions to be taken in light of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – MoHFW Order March 20, 2020
- Revision of UGC Pay Scale from 1.1.2020 in West Bengal November 5, 2019
- Revised rates of Honorarium of Guest Faculty in Universities and Colleges October 9, 2019
- UGC Pay Scal as per 7th Pay Commission February 22, 2019
- Revision of Allowances as per 7th CPC to University and College Teachers January 29, 2019
- 7th CPC to Teachers and Academic Staff of Technical Institutes January 18, 2019
- 7th CPC Arrears: 30% of Arrears for Non-Teaching Staff of Central Universities July 7, 2018
- Implementation of Reservation Policy – UGC March 13, 2018
- 7th CPC Pay Calculator for Teachers in Universities and Colleges November 16, 2017
- TA and Sitting Fee Payable to Official and Non-Official Members/Experts – UGC November 10, 2017
- 7th CPC: Scheme of Revision of Pay of Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges November 9, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges November 9, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay for Teachers and Equivalent Academic Staff in Universities/Colleges – Cabinet Approval October 12, 2017
- Pay Revision of Academic Staff of Universities and Colleges March 24, 2017