Revision of UGC Pay Scale from 1.1.2020 in West Bengal
Revision of UGC Pay Scale for Teachers of Higher Educational Institute from 1.1.2020 in West Bengal
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced today in a meeting that the salary revision for professors of Government colleges, State-aided colleges as per 7th pay commission with effect from 1.1.2020.
The Central Government already implemented the recommendations of the 7th pay commission to UGC teachers and equivalent cadre in Universities and colleges. As per the Notification issued on 2.11.2017 by the Department of Higher Education, only three designations in respect of teachers in Universities and Colleges, namely, Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors.
Assistant Professor Pay Scale
The pre-revised pay scale of Assistant Professor Rs.6000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100 revised to academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.57,700.
The pre-revised pay scale of Assistant Professor Rs.7000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100 revised to academic Level 11 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.68,900.
The pre-revised pay scale of Assistant Professor Rs.8000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100 revised to academic Level 12 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.79,800.
Associate Professor Pay Scale
The pre-revised pay scale of Associate Professor Rs.9000 AGP in PB Rs.37,400- 67,000 revised to academic Level 13A with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1, 31,400.
Professor Pay Scale
The pre-revised pay scale of Professor Rs. 10000 AGP in PB Rs.37,400- 67,000 revised to academic Level 14 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,44,200.
The pre-revised pay scale of Professor HAG Scale/ PB of Rs.67,000-79,000 revised to academic Level 15 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,82,200.
Pay scales for Assistant Professor, Professor and Associate Professor based on 6th Pay Commission recommendations
- Assistant Professor = Rs. 18600 – Rs. 39100 (GP 7,200)
- Associate Professor = Rs. 31600 – Rs. 39100 (GP 9,500)
- Professor = Rs. 40,890 – Rs. 67000 (GP 11000)
Latest news on UGC Pay Scale 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Revised rates of Honorarium of Guest Faculty in Universities and Colleges October 9, 2019
- National Education Policy – Dr K. Kasturirangan Committee submitted to MHRD June 3, 2019
- UGC Pay Revision as per 7th Pay Commission February 22, 2019
- Revision of Allowances as per 7th CPC to University and College Teachers January 29, 2019
- 7th CPC Arrears: 30% of Arrears for Non-Teaching Staff of Central Universities July 7, 2018
- TA and Sitting Fee Payable to Official and Non-Official Members/Experts – UGC November 10, 2017
- 7th CPC : Scheme of Revision of Pay of Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges November 9, 2017