Participation by Central Government Servants in sports events and tournaments of National/ International importance – Dopt order dated 8th May 2020
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 8th May 2020
Subject: Participation by Central Government Servants in sports events and tournaments of National/ International importance – Clarification-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No. 6/1/85- Estt.(Pay-l) dated 16.07.1985, on the subject cited above, and to say that para 3(iii) of this department’s OM dated 16.07.1985 is amended as under:
“Central Government employees who are required to travel to a station other than their headquarters for participating in any of the events mentioned in para 3(i) of this Department’s OM dated 16.07.1985, will be entitled to claim Travelling Allowance for such journey in accordance with the TA rules applicable to them.”
2. In their application to the employees of Indian Audit and Accounts
Department, these orders are issued after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution.
3. This OM will be effective from the date of its issuance.
4. Hindi Version will follow
(A. K. Jain)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Dopt Order 16.7.1985
As per the Dopt order issued on 16th July 1985, special casual leave is granted to Central Government employees for a period not exceeding 30 days in any one calendar year for;
- Participating in sporting events of national/international importance
- Coaching/administration of team participating in sporting events of national/international importance
- Attending coaching or training camps under Rajkumar Amrit Kaur Coaching Scheme or Similar All India Coaching or Training Schemes
- Attending coaching or training camps at the National Institute of Sports, Patiala
- Participating in mountaineering expeditions
- Attending coaching camps in sports organized by National Sports Federations / Sports Boards recognized by All India Council of Sports; and
- Participating in trekking expeditions.
Latest Dopt Orders and Circulars
- All grievances including promotion of govt employees will be settled once lockdown lifted – Dr Jitendra Singh May 14, 2020
- Effective use of ‘Aarogyasetu’ App for breaking the chain of transmission of COVID-19 – Dopt April 30, 2020
- Preventive measures to contain the spread Of COVID-19 – Dopt April 24, 2020
- Disclosure of below benchmark grading in ACRs prior to the reporting period 2008-09: Dopt Orders April 23, 2020
- Review of Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme (MFCS) – Dopt Order April 20, 2020
- Closure of Departmental Canteens in Central Government Offices April 20, 2020
- Transgender – Include in Central Government Recruitment Application Forms – Dopt Order 20.4.2020 April 20, 2020