Disciplinary action may be taken against CG Employees who are habitual late attendance – Dopt Orders on 22.6.2015
Dopt once again issued orders on the subject of punctuality in Government Offices. The order is directed to take disciplinary action against Central Government employees who are habitual late attendance.
Observance of punctuality in Government Offices – Dopt Orders
G.I., Dept. of Per.& Trg., O.M.No.11013/9/2014-Estt.A-III, dated 22.6.2015
Subject: Observance of punctuality in Government Offices.
Instructions have been issued from time to time with regard to the need to observe punctuality by Government servants. Responsibility for ensuring punctuality in respect of their employees rests within Ministries/ Departments/ Offices.
2. The decision to introduce AADHAR enabled Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) in Central Government offices, including attached/ sub-ordinate offices, to replace the manual system of marking of attendance to ensure punctuality is to be implemented in all Ministries/ Departments. This Department vide O.M. of even no. dated 21.11.2014 and 28.01.2015, while recognizing that the Biometric Attendance System is only an enabling platform had, inter-alia, stated that there was no change in the instructions relating to office hours, late attendance etc.
3. In this connection attention is invited to Rule 3(1)(ii) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 which stipulates that every Government servant shall at all times maintain devotion to duty. Habitual late attendance is viewed as conduct unbecoming of a Government servant and disciplinary action may be taken against such a Government servant. It is also added that punctuality in attendance is to be observed by Government servants at all levels.
4. It is also requested that the necessary directions may be issued to all employees to mark their attendance in BAS portal on regular basis.
Top Developments on Bio Metric Attendance:
- Exemption from marking attendance through Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) – Railway Board Order April 17, 2020
- Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices March 6, 2020
- Indian Railway Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) – AIRF January 17, 2020
- Biometric Attendance System in Central Govt Offices July 1, 2019
- Aadhar Enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System in CGDA Offices June 22, 2019
- Implementation of Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System in all KV Schools June 17, 2015
- Bio-Metric Attendance – AADHAR Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System April 22, 2015
- Training Providers to Install GPS Enabled Biometric Devices March 23, 2015
- Biometric Attendance – No proposal to introduce an alternative system March 18, 2015
- Aadhaar details should not be used for personal reasons – Supreme Court February 7, 2015
- AADHAR enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System – Dopt Notification on 28.1.2015 January 29, 2015
- Iris scanners for Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System January 12, 2015
- Introduction of Biometric Attendance System on Indian Railways January 1, 2015
- Introduction of AADHAR enabled Biometric Attendance System in all Income Tax Offices – CBDT Order December 17, 2014
- Biometric Attendance System – Are the Central Government Employees Supporting or Opposing It? November 30, 2014
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners – Aadhaar based biometric verification system November 27, 2014
- Aadhar enabled bio-metric attendance system – Early leaving is also to be treated as late coming! November 22, 2014
- Aadhar Based Bio-Metric Attendance System for all Central Govt Employees before 26.1.2015 November 21, 2014
- Aadhaar Number Made Mandatory in Central Government Employees’ Service Books November 11, 2014
- Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System for Railway employees – Railway Board Orders November 7, 2014
- Aadhaar Biometric Attendance System – Central Government Employees Attendance Record to be Modernized November 7, 2014
- Aadhaar number to be included in Service Record – Dopt orders issued November 3, 2014
- Delink the Aadhar Card from the process of implementation of Biometric attendance system – NFCAA October 13, 2014
- Central Government employees attendance system goes online…It can be monitored by public also October 11, 2014
- FAQs on Biometric Attendance System (BAS) August 29, 2014
- Attendance tracking website for all central government employees August 29, 2014