Resumption of Biometric attendance with effect from 8.11.2021 – DoP&T Order Dated 1st November 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training,
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 1st November 2021
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Resumption of Biometric attendance regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 14.06.2021, whereby instructions regulating the attendance of Central Government employees with reduced staff, staggered timings and exemption to certain categories of employees from attending offices, which were in force up to 30.06.2021, were issued. It was also provided in the said OM dated 14.6.2021 that the biometric attendance would continue to remain suspended and physical attendance registers maintained until further orders.
2. The matter has since been reviewed and it has been decided to resume biometric attendance for all levels of employees, with effect from Monday the 8th November 2021. It shall be the responsibility of Heads of Department to ensure that:-
(a) Sanitizers are mandatorily placed beside biometric machines and all employees sanitize their hands before and after marking of attendance.
(b) Physical distancing of six feet must be maintained by all employees while marking their attendance. If required, additional biometric attendance machines may be installed to avoid overcrowding;
(c) All employees shall be required to wear mask/face covers, at all times, including while waiting to mark their attendance;
(d) As far as possible, designated personnel should be deployed near bio-metric stations to clean/wipe the touchpad/scanner areas of biometric scanners frequently. Such personnel will also guide employees to maintain COVID appropriate behaviour while in queue;
(e) As far as possible, adequate number of biometric stations should be placed in an outside/open-air environment. If indoor, adequate natural ventilation must be maintained; and
(f) All offices shall undertake orientation of the employees on precautions to be followed.
(g) Meetings, as far as possible, shall continue to be conducted on video-conferencing and personal meetings with visitors, unless necessary in public interest, are to be avoided.
(h) All officers/staff shall strictly follow the COVID-appropriate behavior, at all times, in offices.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Resumption of Biometric attendance – DPE O.M. for all the CPSEs
No. DPE-GM-10037/2014-GM-FTS 1867
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Bhawan,
Block No.14, C.G.0. Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003.
Dated: 15th November, 2021
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) -Resumption of Biometric attendance regarding
Please refer to the DPE’s OM of even No. dated 8th June, 2020 forwarding therewith an DoPT OM No. 11013/9/2014-Estt. A.III dated 18th May, 2020 wherein Bio-metric attendance was kept suspended until further orders. Now, DoPT vide OM No. 11013/9/2014-Estt. A.lll dated 1st November, 2021 has issued revised instructions on the Biometric attendance for employees.
2. In view of the above, the undersigned is directed to forward DoPT OM No. 11013/9/2014-Estt. A.Ill dated 1st November, 2021 to all the CPSEs through their respective administrative Ministries/ Departments for necessary action.
Dy. Secretary to the Government of India
Click to view the order in pdf
Latest News on Biometric Attendance:
- Again 50% Work from Home in Central Govt – DoPT Orders on 3.1.2022
- Again Biometric Attendance from 8 November 2021 – DoPT Order PDF
- Exemption from marking attendance through Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) – Railway Board Order
- Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices
- Indian Railway Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) – AIRF
- Biometric Attendance System in Central Govt Offices
- Aadhar Enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System in CGDA Offices
- Implementation of Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System in all KV Schools
- Bio-Metric Attendance – AADHAR Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System
- Training Providers to Install GPS Enabled Biometric Devices
- Biometric Attendance – No proposal to introduce an alternative system
- Aadhaar details should not be used for personal reasons – Supreme Court
- AADHAR enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System – Dopt Notification on 28.1.2015
- Iris scanners for Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System
- Introduction of Biometric Attendance System on Indian Railways
- Introduction of AADHAR enabled Biometric Attendance System in all Income Tax Offices – CBDT Order
- Biometric Attendance System – Are the Central Government Employees Supporting or Opposing It?
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners – Aadhaar based biometric verification system
- Aadhar enabled bio-metric attendance system – Early leaving is also to be treated as late coming!
- Aadhar Based Bio-Metric Attendance System for all Central Govt Employees before 26.1.2015
- Aadhaar Number Made Mandatory in Central Government Employees’ Service Books
- Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System for Railway employees – Railway Board Orders
- Aadhaar Biometric Attendance System – Central Government Employees Attendance Record to be Modernized
- Aadhaar number to be included in Service Record – Dopt orders issued
- Delink the Aadhar Card from the process of implementation of Biometric attendance system – NFCAA
- Central Government employees attendance system goes online…It can be monitored by public also
- FAQs on Biometric Attendance System (BAS)
- Attendance tracking website for all central government employees