CCL may be granted at 100% of the leave salary for the first 365 days and 80% of the leave salary for the next 365 days
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Old JNU Campus, New Delhi
Sub: Amendment in the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 consequent upon the implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Government has accepted the recommendations of the 7th CPC and implemented the same vide Notification dated 11.12.2018. This Notification has been uploaded in the Department’s website also at the address. However, despite issue of the notification in this regard, some employees have been seeking formal and informal clarifications with regard to the amendments carried through the above Notification. Keeping this in view, following clarifications specifying the amendments carried out in the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 vide the above said Notification are issued:
- The amendments made in the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 vide Notification dated 11.12.2018, have come into force w.e.f. 14.12.2018 when the Notification was published in the official gazette.
- Government servants serving in a Vacation Department have been allowed Earned Leave in place of Half Pay Leave by amending Rule 28 and Rule 29.
- With the amendment of Rule 43-C relating to Child Care Leave (CCL), following changes have been made:-
- (a) CCL may be granted at 100% of the leave salary for the first 365 days and 80% of the leave salary for the next 365 days.
- (b) CCL may be extended to single male parents who may include unmarried or widower or divorcee employees.
- (c) For single female Government servants, the CCL may be granted for six spells in a calendar year. However, for other eligible Government servants, it will continue to be granted for a maximum of 3 spells in a calendar year.
4. “Special Disability Leave for injury intentionally inflicted” under Rule 44 has been substituted by a new Leave named “Work Related Illness and Injury Leave (WRIIL)” which may be granted to a Government servant (whether permanent or temporary), who suffers illness or injury that is attributable to or aggravated in the performance of her or his official duties or in consequence of her or his official position. With the introduction of WRIIL, “Special Disability Leave for accidental injury” (under Rule 45) and Hospital Leave (under Rule 46) have been deleted. WRIIL has following provisions:-
(a) Full pay and allowances will be granted to all employees during the entire period of hospitalization on account of WRIIL.
(b) Beyond hospitalization, WRIIL will be governed as follows:
- (i) Government servants (other than military officers) will be paid full pay and allowances for the 6 months immediately following hospitalization and Half Pay only for 12 months beyond that period. The Half Pay period may be commuted to full pay with corresponding number of days of HPL debited from the employee’s leave account.
- (ii) For officers of the Cenh·al Armed Police Forces (CAPF), full pay and allowances will be paid for the 6 months immediately following hospitalization, and full pay only for the next 24 months.
- (iii) Personnel below the rank of officers of CAPF will be paid full pay and allowances, with no limit regarding the period of leave.
- (iv) In the case of persons to whom the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 applies, the amount of leave salary payable tmder WRIIL shall be reduced by the amount of compensation payable under the Act.
- (v) No EL or HPL will be credited during the period that employee is on WRIIL.
(Rajendra Prasad Tewari)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- CCL Proceed on Foreign Travel – DoPT Clarification Orders Dt. 3.4.2018 May 11, 2019
- Child Care Leave (CCL) – Clarification DOP Order Dt. 18.4.2018 May 11, 2019
- Child Care Leave – All Q & A Discussed on 4.5.2019 May 5, 2019
- Amendment in (Child Care Leave) CCL – Railway Board Orders February 25, 2019
- Child Care Leave – Clarification on Minimum Residency Period February 25, 2019
- Single Male Employees to get Child Care Leave December 26, 2018
- Clarification on Child Care Leave – Railway Board October 31, 2018
- Maternity Leave and Child Care Leave to Women Employees August 12, 2018
- Child Care Leave – DoPT Clarification Orders on 22.6.2018 June 28, 2018
- Availing LTC During CCL – DoPT Order dt: 3.4.2018 April 12, 2018
- Special Allowance for child care for women with disabilities – Dopt orders on 16.8.2017 August 18, 2017
- Child Care Leave – NC JCM writes to Govt. of India August 9, 2017
- Proposals on Child Care Leave (CCL) and Maternity Leave – Dopt OM on 1.4.2016 April 4, 2016
- Clarification on Child Care Leave – Dopt issued orders on 12.1.2016 January 12, 2016
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations on Leave and Holidays December 6, 2015
- Child Care Leave to WB Female Teachers at par with CG Employees July 23, 2015
- Central Govt employee opts for a surrogate child – What says CCS (Leave) Rules..? November 11, 2014
- Child Care Leave, introduced by the 6th CPC, was a boon for women employees. April 7, 2014
- SBI introduces sabbatical leave to female staff; may extend to males January 10, 2014
- No proposal to introduce ‘Parents Care Leave’ on line of ‘Child Care Leave’ – Central Government December 24, 2013