OROP Pension Arrears Calculator for JCOs/ORs including Honorary Commissioned Officers
One Rank One Pension Scheme implemented from 1.7.2014 to all Pre-1.7.2014 Pensioners. Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare issued orders on 3rd February, 2016 regarding the implementation of OROP along with 101 Ready Reckoner tables indicating rates of pension/family pension for each rank and each category. Arrears on account of revision of pension from 1.7.2014 till date of its implementation to be paid bb four equal half yearly installments.
The calculator gives a approximate pension and arrears amount on your input of details. Please check the correct figure in the official order issued by the MoD Orders No.12(1)/2014/D(Pen/Policy)-Part-II on 3.2.2016
OROP Pension Arrear Calculator
From 01.07.2014 to 31.01.2016
THE AVERAGE DA RATE FROM 01.07.2014 TO 31.01.2016 ie for 19 months as under:-
01.07.2014 to 31.12.2014 = 107 x 6 = 642
01.01.2015 to 30.05.2015=113×6=678
01.07.2015 to 31.12.2015=119×6=714
Average DA rate Per month=2159/19=113.631579
basic + da =100+113.631579=213.631579 if basic pay = 100.
hence arrears for 19 months = [basic pay diff + da] = Q x 19 x 213.631579 / 100 = Q x 40.59.
OROP Pension Arrear alculation
OROP HIGH LIGHTS & CALCULATION
1.Applicable to all pre-1/7/2014 retirees.
2. Effective date : Wef 1/7/2014
3. It is a direct executive order from MOD to PDAs(Banks) for payment without waiting for Draupadi’s circular of PCDA(pensions) . Means ,payment will be effected before 28 Feb 2016 (being the last pension/salary payment month in this fiscal year).
4. Family pensioners , gallantary award winners and special pension category will get their arrears in one instalment and hopefully with Feb pension.
5.Arrears for others would be in 4 Equal , six monthly instalments (could be in Feb , Aug this year and Feb 2017 and Aug 2017).
More specific details after detailed analyses.
OROP Arrear calculation Made simple
1. Take your basic from OROP table published to day by MOD. Let it be =X
2. Take your current basic (which is wef 24/12/2012).Let it be =Y
3. Take the difference of X- Y above and let it be =”Q”
4. Your Total arrears of OROP wef 1/7/2014 to 31/1/2016= Q x 40.58 (amount Q multiplied by 40.58). The result could be with a deviation of Less than Rs 100/- in total due to certain approximations
Note : multiply with 40.58 , the difference of OROP table amount with what is your current basic .
You can calculate the OROP arrears also in the following way:
1. Find the Basic pension as per OROP chart- table, say for Example;
Hav and equal Ranks- Sgt- Group- X
As per Table no: 7 of OROP Tables It is = 8585
then as per Cir 501,table No.17…………..it is = 6374
Difference per month = 2211
Now the Effective Date is From 01-07-2014
Arrears from 1-7-2014 to 31-01-2016 will be:
Difference X a factor of 40.53
2211 X 40.53 = 89612/-
So, 89612 IS THE ARREARS
This will be paid in 4 equal half yearly installments.
For family pensioners, in one installment. This the simple way of calculation.
[Disclaimer: This calculator gives only approximate value on the basis of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission and also shown the estimate figures only basis on your inputs. Reader are requested to refer 7th Pay Commission Report]