Entitlement of Mileage allowance and Conveyance Allowance during Lockdown Period for EPFO Employees – Orders issued on 6th April 2020
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
(Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. Of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14-Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
Subject: Entitlement of Mileage allowance in addition to Conveyance Allowance during COVID-19 Lock down – regarding.
As you are aware, the services of EPFO have been brought under the essential services in public interest and it calls for skeletal attendance of officers and staff at various offices for carrying out the requisite functions. As public transport is not available during the lockdown declared by Central Government on account of COVID-19. Officers and staff may be required to use their own vehicles for coming to office to perform essential duties. Accordingly, in order to incentivise usage of own conveyance, following mileage allowance may be provided to officers and staff attending office to render essential services from office in accordance with roster/orders of their controlling officers.
- Mileage allowance will be admissible for Two /Four-wheeler vehicles used and at the corresponding rates (as being used to regulate TA bills) specified by competent Government Authorities where office is located.
- Distance will be counted by shortest route in accordance with Google Maps from office to declared place of residence as per service book of concerned officials multiplied by 2.
- Officials will give only one consolidated self-certified bill for claiming above Mileage allowance within 30 days of lifting of lockdown orders by Government of India.
- Officials using staff car or car hired by office wouldn’t be entitled tor above Mileage Allowance.
- Above mileage allowance will be admissible in addition to Transport Allowance payable under FR&SR.
- Authorities empowered to pass TA Bills as per delegation of financial powers will be competent to pass above bills.
[This issues with the approval of CPFC]
Regional PF Commissioner (HRD)