It is anticipated that the central government offices, which have been stalled for nearly four weeks, will begin to operate slowly from the 20th of April 2020 (Monday).
After a long period from 25 March 2020, countrywide lockdown announced to contain COVID-19 by the Central Government, the list of Central Govt offices will remain open with effect from 20 April 2020, orders issued.
Also check: CG Offices Holiday List 2020 – PDF Download
BPMS demands for Sunday working in Ordnance Factories
- Bharatiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh (BPMS) writes a letter to the Chairman of OFB regarding working of Ordnance Factories on Sundays and Holidays. (Click to view the letter in Hindi)
Departments of Ministry of Defence DESW, DDP, DDR&D and DMA will remain open w.e.f. 20th April 2020
- As per the consolidated revised guidelines of MHA order (No.40.3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 15th April 2020) during the lockdown period, the Department of Defence (including Defence Finance) Will remain open Without any restriction during the lockdown period w.e.f. 20th April 2020. [Click to read continue…]
Office of Controller General of Accounts will function with required staff with effect from 20.4.2020 – Orders issued
- The Office of Controller General of Accounts (Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance) will function 100% attendance of higher-level officers and 33% other staff from 20.4.2020 [Click to read continue]
Reporting of Officials in Board’s Office during lockdown period
- Ministry of Home Affairs vide their Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I/(A) dated 15th April 2020 have issued detailed guidelines with regard to activities which are to come into effect from 20th April 2020. [Click to reading continue…]
Also check: Central Government Employees News Latest Update
- As per the MHA Guidelines issued on 15.4.2020, the following conditions strictly followed by the employees and officers:
17. Movement of persons is allowed in the following cases:
i. Private vehicles for emergency services, including medical and veterinary care, and for procuring essential commodities. In such cases, one passenger besides the private vehicle driver can be permitted in the backseat, in case of four-wheeler ; however, in case of two-wheeler, only the driver of the vehicle is to be permitted.
- All personnel travelling to place of work and back in the exempted categories, as per the instructions of the State/ UT local authority.
18. Offices of the Government of India, its Autonomous / Subordinate Offices will remain open, as mentioned below:
i. Defence, Central Armed Police Forces, Health and Family Welfare, Disaster management and Early Warning Agencies (IMD, INCOIS, SASE and National Centre of Seismology. CWC), National Informatics Centre (NIG), Food Corporation of India (FCI), NCC, Nehru Yuva Kendras (NYKs) and Customs to function without any restriction.
ii. Other Ministries and Departments, and offices under their control, are to function with 100% attendance of Deputy Secretary and levels above that. Remaining officers and staff to attend up to 33% as per requirement.
19. Offices of the State/ Union Territory Governments, their Autonomous Bodies and Local Governments will remain open, as mentioned below:
i. Police, home guards, civil defence, fire and emergency services, disaster management, prisons and municipal services will function without any restrictions.
ii. All other Departments of State/ UT Governments to work with restricted staff. Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ officers may attend as required. Group ‘C’ and levels below that may attend up to 33% of strength, as per requirement to ensure social distancing. However, delivery of public services shall be ensured, and necessary staff will be deployed for such purpose.
iii. District administration and Treasury (including field offices of the Accountant General) will function with restricted staff. However, delivery of public services shall be ensured, and necessary staff will be deployed for such purpose.
iv. Resident Commissioner of States/ UTs, in New Delhi, only to the extent of coordinating COVID-19 related activities and internal kitchen operations.
v. Forest offices: staff/ workers required to operate and maintain zoo, nurseries, wildlife, fire-fighting in forests, watering plantations, patrolling and their necessary transport movement.
Offices of the Central Government of India and its subordinate offices will remain open with effect from 20.4.2020.
The following Ministries/Departments to function without any restriction from 20th April 2020:
- Central Armed Police Forces
- Health and Family Welfare
- Disaster management and Early Warning Agencies (IMD, INCOIS, SASE and National Centre of Seismology, CWC)
- National Infomatics Centre (NIC)
- Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- Nehru Yuva Kendras (NYKs) and
Also check: Latest Finmin Orders 2020
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 15th April 2020
Kind attention is invited to the Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I (A) dated 15th April, 2020 whereby the Ministry of Home Affairs have issued consolidated revised guidelines on the measures to be taken by the Ministries /Departments of Government of India, State/UT Governments and State/UT Authorities for containment of COVID-19 in the country.
2. Vide para 3 read of the said order, the Ministry of Home Affairs have, inter-alia, allowed select additional permitted activities as enumerated in para 5 to 20 of the said order. As per para 18 (ii), all Ministries/Departments under Government of India to function with effect from 20th April, 2020. The para 18 is reproduced below —
18. Offices of the Government of India, its Autonomous/ Subordinate offices will remain open, as mentioned below:
- (i) Defence, Central Armed Police Forces, Health and Family Welfare, Disaster management and Early Warning Agencies (IMD, INCOIS, SASE and National Centre of Seismology, CWC), National Infomatics Centre (NIC), Food Corporation of India (FCI), NCC, Nehru Yuva Kendras (NYKs) and Customs to function without any restriction.
- (ii) Other Ministries and Departments, and offices under their control, are to function with 100% attendance of Deputy Secretary and levels above that. Remaining officers and staff to attend upto 33% as per requirement.
3. The undersigned has been directed to convey that the above guidelines of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India be scrupulously followed.
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Pr. DGs/Chief Commissioners/DGs/ Pr.
Commissioners/Commissioners/Joint Secretaries under Central Board of
Indirect Taxes & Customs