METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS I
Out of the available seats of fresh admission 15% will be reserved for SC and 7.5% will be reserved for ST. The short fall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST, will be worked out after considering number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
(1) In first phase, 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/Differently abled taken together.
(2) In second phase, remaining seats are to be filled as per existing Priority category system. The short fall in the seats reserved for SC/ST, if any shall be made good by admitting SC/ST applicants. For example: In a single Section School 6 seats are reserved for SC and 3 Seats for ST (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST). Assuming that, 2 SC candidates, 1 ST candidate and 1 Differently Abled candidate are admitted under RTE in the lottery system In first phase, then available SC seats will be considered as 6-2 = 4 and ST seats will be 3-1 = 2. The left out registered candidates from SC and ST category will be considered as per order of Priority categories for admission. In this case the remaining 24 seats will be available for admission under order of Priority of Category.
a) In no case the seats reserved as per RTE will be de-reserved.
b) The seats reserved for SC/ST may be interchanged, by interchanging SC seats to ST and vice- versa after 20th July.
c) If required numbers of candidates covered under RTE do not register in 1st spell of registration then a second notification may be given in the month of April.
d) The definition/eligibility criteria of Disadvantaged Group/Weaker Section/BPL/OBC (Non creamy layer) will be as per the notification of the concerned State Governments.
e) Admission test will not be conducted for Class I.
A DEFINITION OF DISADVANTAGED GROUP
1. Child belonging to disadvantaged group means a child belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, the socially and educationally backward class or such other group having disadvantage owing to social, cultural, economic, geographical, linguistic, gender or such other factor as may be specified by the appropriate government, by notification (Section 2(d) of RTE Act).
2. Child with special needs and suffering from disability will be determined as per the provision mentioned in RTE Act 2009 or as defined by the concerned State Govt.
B DEFINITION OF WEAKER SECTION
Child belonging to weaker section means a child belonging to such a parent or guardian (declared by a Court or a Statute) whose annual income is lower than the minimum limit specified by the appropriate government, by notification (Section 2(e)).
The income limit regarding economically weaker sections will be applicable as notified by the State Govt. concerned.
C. DEFINITION OF NEIGHBOURHOOD & PROOF OF RESIDENCE Since Kendriya Vidyalayas are located at places with varied density of population, they have been categorised as follows for determining the limits of neighbourhood:-
1 Major cities and Urban area (All District Hqrs. & Metros) 5 kms. Radius
2 Places and areas other than included in 1 above. 8 kms radius
1. Proof of residence shall have to be produced by all applicants. However admission cannot be denied due to non-submission of Proof of residence.
2. A self-declaration in writing from the parent about distance may also be accepted to this effect.
- Admission Guidelines for KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Special Provisions for Admission in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Admission Guidelines of Wards of Armed Forces in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Publicity and Registration Guidelines for Admission in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Submission of Documents for Admission in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Method of Admission in Class I in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Composition of Committee for Draw of Lots for Admission in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Fee and Other Concessions in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17
- Method of Admission for all Classes in KV Schools – Academic Session 2016 -17