‘Up to a maximum of 5% of direct recruitment vacancies arising in a year in Group ‘C’ posts can be filled up by compassionate appointment’
The below information is given by the Minister of DoPT Shri Jitendra Singh in Parliament on 21st September 2020. The written reply to a question is reproduced and given below for your ready reference.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) has laid down the policy of compassionate appointment which is to be implemented by the Ministries/Departments in terms of instructions issued vide Office Memorandum No. 14014/6/94- Estt.(D) dated 09.10.1998 as amended from time to time.
These instructions have been consolidated vide Office Memorandum No. 14014/02/2012-Estt.(D) dated 16.01.2013. As per these instructions, up to a maximum of 5% of direct recruitment vacancies arising in a year in Group ‘C’ posts can be filled up by compassionate appointment. Therefore, compassionate appointments can be made by the Ministries/Departments only to the extent of available vacancies, indicated above. Ministry-wise/ Department-wise details of cases pending are not maintained centrally.
FAQ on Compassionate Appointment in Central Government
Whether ‘married son’ can be considered for compassionate appointment?
- Yes, if he otherwise fulfils all the other requirements of the Scheme, he is otherwise eligible and fulfils the criteria laid down in this Department’s O.M. dated 16th January, 2013 [Click to view in details]
What is Compassionate Appointment?
- If a Government Servant dies in service, compensation to the deceased family from financial destitution.
- Click to view the detailed report
Latest Updates on Compassionate Appointment:
- Deaths due to COVID-19: Request for relaxation in compassionate appointment – FNPO April 21, 2020
- DoPT Guidelines on Compassionate Ground Appointment March 13, 2020
- Appointment on Compassionate Grounds – Acquisition of higher qualification July 9, 2019
- Calculation of Vacancies for Compassionate Appointment in Central Govt Services June 17, 2019
- Recognised Political Parties Participating in 17th Lok Sabha General Election: Request to include demands in Election Manifestos March 15, 2019
- Click to view the list continue