The General Secretary of the National Council (Staff Side) Joint Consultative Machinery for Central Government Employees has penned a letter to all members stating that an important order has been given by the Central Government regarding the option to switch from the NPS to the Old Pension Scheme for eligible employees. This is a significant opportunity for specific groups of employees who qualify, and it is recommended that it be publicized more widely to all employees.
The Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare has released a letter numbered 57/05/2021-P&PW (B) dated 3/3/2023 on behalf of the government. This order pertains to the Central Government Employees who were hired for posts/vacancies that were advertised or mentioned for recruitment on or before 22.12.2003. The enclosed letter is provided for your review, and it is requested that you examine it closely and assist other employees in comprehending its contents.
Important Links on NPS to OPS
NPS to OPS Option for Certain Central Government Employees Last Date 31.8.2023
Agitational Programme for Scrapping of NPS and Restoration of OPS – Confederation
PFRDA Permit to Partial Withdraw for NPS Subscribers
NPS Govt Contribution Rate 14% of Basic Pay + DA
Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 for Employees of NVS Covered under NPS
The letter is given below for your ready reference;
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery for Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi – 110001
E-Mail : nc.jom.np[at]gmail.com
March 3, 2023
All Members of the
National Council (Staff Side)-JCM
Subject: Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, in place of National Pension System, of those Central “Government employees who were recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised /notified for recruitment, on or before 22.12.2003.
You are well aware that we have raised the above issue in the meeting of the National Council -JCM and the meeting of the Standing Committee of the National Council – JCM. After a lot of struggle and discussed in many meetings, the government has issued an order in this regard vide Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare letter No. 57/05/2021-P&PW (B) dated 3/3/2023 in favour of the Central Government Employees who were recruited against the posts/ vacancies advertised /notified for recruitment, on or before 22.12.2003 enclosed herewith for your perusal, so you are requested to study it carefully and also explain to other employees.
You are also advised to move its maximum publicity so that eligible staff must be able to opt before 31/08/2023. Since it is one time examination we should make all out efforts to reach each staff so that we should not raise the same issue all the times to come.
With fraternal greetings & Happy Holi;
Latest News on JCM Staff Side
- Removal of Anomaly in 7th Pay Matrix – NC JCM
- 48th Meeting of the National Council (JCM) on 26.06.2021
- Non-Inclusion of Central Govt Employees in the category of Frontline Workers (FLWs) – NC JCM Staff Side
- Minutes of Staff Side of National Council (JCM) Meeting held on 9.7.2020
- Freezing of DA to CG Employees and DR to CG Pensioners – Hardship and legal implications
- National Council (Staff Side) Protest against freezing of DA and DR to CG Employees and Pensioners
- Removal of ambiguity in fixation of pay of re-employed ex-servicemen and grant of the same benefit extended to POBR
- Grant of HRA to the employees who have vacated Government Quarters in Railways and Defence
- 3rd MACP in GP Rs. 4600 to Master Craftsmen (MCM) – NC JCM Staff Side
- CGHS for NPS Pensioners – NC JCM writes to remove the condition of minimum 10 years service
- Serious rumours about retirement age – Explanation of NC JCM Secretary
- Option to Switch Over to 7th CPC – NC JCM Staff Side – Letter Dt. 29.8.2019
- Restoration of JCM Scheme in Circles Regional Councils – DoP
- NJCA to discuss and decide course of action against privatization and anti-labour policies
- 7th CPC Minimum Pay and Fitment Factor: Again Staff Side of NC JCM insisted to constitute High Level Committee
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply