NPS to OPS latest order
The General Secretary of the National Council (Staff Side) Joint Consultative Machinery for Central Government Employees has penned a letter to all members stating that an important order has been given by the Central Government regarding the option to switch from the NPS to the Old Pension Scheme for eligible employees. This is a significant opportunity for specific groups of employees who qualify, and it is recommended that it be publicized more widely to all employees.
The Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare has released a letter numbered 57/05/2021-P&PW (B) dated 3/3/2023 on behalf of the government. This order pertains to the Central Government Employees who were hired for posts/vacancies that were advertised or mentioned for recruitment on or before 22.12.2003. The enclosed letter is provided for your review, and it is requested that you examine it closely and assist other employees in comprehending its contents.
Important Links on NPS to OPS
- NPS to OPS Option for Certain Central Government Employees Last Date 31.8.2023
- Agitational Programme for Scrapping of NPS and Restoration of OPS – Confederation
- PFRDA Permit to Partial Withdraw for NPS Subscribers
- NPS Govt Contribution Rate 14% of Basic Pay + DA
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 for Employees of NVS Covered under NPS
The letter is given below for your ready reference;
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery for Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi – 110001
E-Mail : nc.jom.np[at]gmail.com
March 3, 2023
All Members of the
National Council (Staff Side)-JCM
Subject: Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, in place of National Pension System, of those Central “Government employees who were recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised /notified for recruitment, on or before 22.12.2003.
You are well aware that we have raised the above issue in the meeting of the National Council -JCM and the meeting of the Standing Committee of the National Council – JCM. After a lot of struggle and discussed in many meetings, the government has issued an order in this regard vide Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare letter No. 57/05/2021-P&PW (B) dated 3/3/2023 in favour of the Central Government Employees who were recruited against the posts/ vacancies advertised /notified for recruitment, on or before 22.12.2003 enclosed herewith for your perusal, so you are requested to study it carefully and also explain to other employees.
You are also advised to move its maximum publicity so that eligible staff must be able to opt before 31/08/2023. Since it is one time examination we should make all out efforts to reach each staff so that we should not raise the same issue all the times to come.
With fraternal greetings & Happy Holi;
Latest News on JCM Staff Side
- NC JCM Staff Side Official Minutes – 62nd Meeting Held on 20.9.2023
- National Council JCM Forwarded 13 Agenda Points for Discussion in the Next Meeting
- GPF for those who have been Recruited on or after 1-1-2004
- Removal of Anomaly in 7th Pay Matrix – NC JCM
- 48th Meeting of the National Council (JCM) on 26.06.2021
- Non-Inclusion of Central Govt Employees in the category of Frontline Workers (FLWs) – NC JCM Staff Side
- Minutes of Staff Side of National Council (JCM) Meeting held on 9.7.2020
- Freezing of DA to CG Employees and DR to CG Pensioners – Hardship and legal implications
- National Council (Staff Side) Protest against freezing of DA and DR to CG Employees and Pensioners
- Removal of ambiguity in fixation of pay of re-employed ex-servicemen and grant of the same benefit extended to POBR
- Grant of HRA to the employees who have vacated Government Quarters in Railways and Defence
- 3rd MACP in GP Rs. 4600 to Master Craftsmen (MCM) – NC JCM Staff Side
- CGHS for NPS Pensioners – NC JCM writes to remove the condition of minimum 10 years service
- Serious rumours about retirement age – Explanation of NC JCM Secretary
- Option to Switch Over to 7th CPC – NC JCM Staff Side – Letter Dt. 29.8.2019
What is the opportunity to switch from NPS to OPS with a one-time choice?
The opportunity to switch from NPS (National Pension System) to OPS (Old Pension Scheme) with a one-time choice refers to a provision offered by the NC JCM Staff Side. This provision allows individuals to choose to switch their pension scheme from NPS to OPS, which is the old pension scheme.
Who is offering this opportunity?
This opportunity is being offered by the NC JCM Staff Side.
What is NPS and OPS?
NPS stands for the National Pension System, which is a contributory pension scheme introduced by the government. OPS stands for the Old Pension Scheme, which was the pension scheme in place before the introduction of NPS.
Can I switch from NPS to OPS at any time?
No, the switch from NPS to OPS with a one-time choice is a limited opportunity provided by the NC JCM Staff Side. It is not available at all times.
How can I avail of this opportunity?
To avail of this opportunity, you need to follow the guidelines and instructions provided by the NC JCM Staff Side. It is important to carefully read the details and instructions to make an informed decision about switching from NPS to OPS.