NOMINATION FOR LIFE TIME ARREARS
Payment of Arrears of Pension (Nomination) Rules 1983‐In force from date of publication in the official gazette in September,1883.
1. These rules shall apply to the Central Government Pensioners.
2. Pension disbursing Authority means the authority through whom pension is drawn and includes Public Sector Banks, Treasuries, Post Office, Account Offices.
3. Any Pensioner to whom any pension is payable by the Government out of the consolidated fund of India may nominate any other person (herein after referred to as nominee) in accordance with the provision of rule 5, who shall receive, after the death of the pensioner on account of such pension on, before or after the date of such nomination and which remains upheld immediately before the death of the pensioner.
4. Every pensioner who had retired on or before the date of commencement of these rules shall within 6 months nominate any pension for the purpose of rule 4 in form ‘A’ and submit it in triplicate by personal service after taking receipt or by sending through registered post acknowledgement due, to the respective pension disbursing authority through whom pension is drawn.
5. Within 15 days of the receipt of nomination in form ‘A’ as referred to in sub rule (1) the pension disbursing Authority shall get the particulars of the pension, as mentioned in form ‘A’ ,verified with reference to available record and return of the pensioner, after obtaining a receipt thereof, the duplicate copy of the nomination in form ‘A’ duly attested by him, or an officer authorized by him in this behalf. The triplicate copy shall be sent to the Account officer of the Department from where the pensioner had retired while the original copy of the nomination
shall be recorded.
6. Every employee who is due to retire after the date of commencement of these rules shall submit the nomination, in triplicate, in form ‘A; to the Head of the department from where he is retiring within 3 months before or after the date of retirement.
7. A notice of modification of nomination including cases where a nominee pre‐deceases the pensioner shall be submitted in triplicate in form ‘B’ to the pension Disbursing Authority in the manner specified in sub rule (1) and thereafter the provisions of sub rule () shall apply mutatis mutandis with modification as if it was made under sub rule (1).
8. A nomination or fresh nomination or a notice of modification of nomination shall be signed by the pensioner, or if he is illiterate, shall bear his thumb impression given in the presence of two witnesses who shall also sign a declaration to that effect in the nomination, fresh nomination or notice of modification, as the case may be.
9. Nomination, fresh nomination or a notice of modification of nomination shall take effect from the date of receipt thereof by the Pension Disbursing Authority or Head of Office as the case may be.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF