Grant of Additional Pension Increased to the Government Pensioners after 70 years, 75 years and 80 years
7th Pay Commission Recommendations on Additional Pension
The additional pension with advancing age came into force based on the recommendations of the VI CPC. The rates as applicable for the additional pension are as under:
- 80 years to <85 years: 20% of basic pension
- 85 years to <90 years: 30% of basic pension
- 90 years to <95 years: 40% of basic pension
- 95 years to <100 years: 50% of basic pension
- 100 years and more: 100% of basic pension
The Commission sought the views of the government in this regard. Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare stated that the additional pension for old pensioners of the age of 80 years and above has been allowed as per the recommendations of VI CPC. However, it is felt that the same should be allowed from 75 years onwards. The Ministry of Defence has not supported the proposal. The Commission is of the view that the existing rates of additional pension and additional family pension are appropriate.
Central Government Resolution on Family Pension: Rate of Additional Pension and Family Pension to the older pensioners. The Commission is of the view that the existing rates of additional pension and additional family pension are appropriate. [Accepted]
How to Calculate Additional Pension after 7th CPC?
After completion of eighty years of age or above by a retired Government servant, in addition to a pension or a compassionate allowance admissible under this rule, additional pension or additional compassionate allowance shall be payable to the retired Government servant in the following manner:
- From 80 years to less than 85 years 20% of basic pension/ compassionate allowance
- From 85 years to less than 90 years 30% of basic pension/ compassionate allowance
- From 90 years to less than 95 years 40% of basic pension/ compassionate allowance
- From 95 years to less than 100 years 50% of basic pension/ compassionate allowance
- 100 years or more 100% of basic pension/ compassionate allowance
The additional pension or additional compassionate allowance shall be payable from first day of the calendar month in which it falls due.
Illustration: A pensioner born on 20th August, 1942 shall be eligible for additional pension at the rate of twenty percent of the basic pension with effect from 1st August, 2022. A pensioner born on 1st August, 1942 shall also be eligible for additional pension at the rate of twenty percent of the basic pension with effect from 1st August, 2022.
In calculating the length of qualifying service, fraction of a year equal to three months and above shall be treated as a completed six monthly period and reckoned as qualifying service.
In the case of a Government servant who has rendered a qualifying service of nine years and nine months or more but less than ten years, his qualifying service for the purpose of this rule shall be ten years and he shall be eligible for pension in accordance with sub-rule (1).
The amount of pension or service gratuity or compassionate allowance or additional pension or additional compassionate allowance finally determined under this rule, shall be expressed in whole rupees and where it contains a fraction of a rupee, each such amount shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee separately for arriving at the final amount payable to the retired Government servant.
In cases where pension is discontinued in the middle of a calendar month, the amount of pension payable for the fraction of that month shall also be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
Grant of additional pension to the pensioners of U.T. Chandigarh – reg.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi,
Dated the 18th January, 2018
Sub: Grant of additional pension to the pensioners of U.T. Chandigarh –reg.
I am directed to refer to your UO No. CPAO/IT & Tech/U.T. Chandigarh/50/2016-17/167 dated 14th December 2017 on the above subject and to say the in accordance with Rule-2 of CCS (Pension) Rules, these rules are applicable to Government servants appointed substantively to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union. As mentioned in your note dated 24.4.2017, the employees and pensioners of U.T. Chandigarh are governed by the rules and orders as applicable to the employees of Punjab Civil Services. However, the employees of other U.T. Administrations are governed by the rules regulating the service conditions of Central Government employees.
2. MHA, in their OM dated 24.3.1984 has also clarified that the employees of Union Territory Administration other than Chandigarh are governed by CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 and that the pay scales and conditions of service of employees of Chandigarh Administration are not covered by the rules governing Central Government employees. Thus, there is no inconsistency in the note dated 24th March, 1984 of MHA. Therefore, there is no need for any amendment to the note of MHA.
Under Secretary to the Government of India.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply