Gist of the meeting held with Additional Secretary (A), MOD on 06.02.2014.
BHARATIYA PRATIRAKSHA MAZDOOR SANGH
(AN ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF DEFENCE WORKERS)
(AN INDUSTRIAL UNIT OF B.M.S.)
(RECOGNISED BY MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, GOVT. OF INDIA)
CENTRAL OFFICE: 2-A, NAVEEN MARKET, KANPUR – 208001, PH & FAX : (0512) 2332222
MOBILE: 09415733686, 09235729390, 09335621629, WEB : www.bpms.org.in
No. BPMS / 02 / CIR / 2014 Dated: 07.02.2014
The Office Bearers / CEC Members &
President / Secretary of the unions affiliated to BPMS
SUB: Gist of the meeting held with Additional Secretary (A), MOD on 06.02.2014.
Dear Brothers & Sisters, Sadar Namaskar,
You are that all the three recognized Federations of MOD (BPMS, INDWF & AIDEF) have
decided to go on indefinite strike w.e.f. 17.02.2014 to pressurize the Govt to resolve the pending issues since long. On the submission of Strike Notice, Ministry of Defence has decided to convene a meeting of the Federations under the Chairmanship of Shri Shankar Aggrawal, Additional Secretary (A). Accordingly meeting held on 06.02.2014 at 11:00 hrs wherein some of the issues discussed and decided as under :-
1. Regarding grant of 3rd MACP in GP 4600/- to the Highly Skilled / MCM who were already
drawing the pay scale of Rs. (5000 – 8000) under ACP Scheme upto 31.12.2005, necessary instruction has been issued vide MOD I.D. No. 11(5)/2009-D(Civ-), dated 06.02.2014. See bpms.org.in
2. Correlation of the hourly rate of Industrial Workers deployed on Piece Work system in
Ordnance Factories in 6th CPC Pay Scales w.e.f. 01.01.2006 is being considered positively
and necessary instructions may be issued very soon.
3. Disparity among the Piece Worker and Day Worker in respect of Overtime Allowance (OTA) may be resolved very soon.
4. Grant of piece work profit according to MACP pay scales/grade pay may be resolved.
5. One Time exemption of Trade Test for grant of ACP to the Labourers is being considered by DoP&T.
6. Grant of revised ACP benefits to the erstwhile Group ‘D’ NIEs is under consideration in
DoP&T. 7. Revision of Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.1996 and from 01.01.2006 will be decided by MOD (D/Civ-I).
8. Doubling of the Risk Allowance for Defence Civilians w.e.f. 01.09.2008 is under consideration in DoP&T.
9. i) Grant of MACP in promotional hierarchy as per CAT Chandigarh Bench judgement on OA No. 1038/CH of 2010:- it has been intimated that CAT (PB) passed similar order (O.A. No. 904/2012) on 26.11.2012 which has been challenged by W.P.(C) 4662/2013 in High Court of Delhi and High Court granted Stay on 26.07.2013 on CAT order of 26.11.2012. Hence, matter is sub-judice.
ii) Grant of MACP by ignoring the placement of Highly Skilled to HS-I:- it has been intimated that the similar issue in CAT Bangalore have been dismissed on 18.09.2013. However, MOD (D/Civ-I) will examine the matter.
iii) Regarding re-designation of Chowkidars and Safaiwalas of MES as Mate (SS) upto 07.07.2013 instruction has been issued E-in-C on 17.01.2014. See bpms.org.in
iv) Grant of Skilled Grade to Valveman of MES is being examined by D(Works-II)
v) Inclusion of HRA & Transport Allowance for computation of OT wages under Factories
Act, 1948 is subjudice in Hon’ble Supreme Court.
vi) Higher pay scales to all Cooks on par with Air Force will be examined by D(Civ-I).
10. MOD agreed that Cadre Review proposals will not be sent to 7th CPC.
11. Grant of PRIS to DRDO employees is being considered with Min of Finance.
12. Min of Health & Family Welfare will be expedited for revision of Fixed Medical Allowance to the employees and for grant of medical reimbursement for Indoor treatment.
13. MOD agreed to process further for grant of Four Grade structure to Ammunition Mechanic of Navy.
14. Grant of 04 grade structure to Meter Readers of MES will be sent to DoP&T.
15. Extension of CSD facility to retired defence civilians is being considered in MOD.
16. Revision of Bonus ceiling will be decided by Min of Finance.
17. Min of Health & Family Welfare will look to open CGHS Dispensaries in all major cities.
(M. P. SINGH)