Diwali (Deepavali) falls on 14.11.2020
Diwali (Deepavali) holiday comes under the list of compulsory holidays for Central Government Employees in India
One of the splendid and luxurious festival in India, Diwali Festival falls on 14th November 2020 (Saturday)
Diwali (Deepavali) is a familiar festival with lights and sound (Crackers) celebrated across India. As per Hindu Panchang (Panchangam), the festival of Diwali will observe on the day of Amavasya. The Amavasya (New Moon or No Moon Night) falls on the 15th day of the Kartik month.
The Department of Personnel and Training issued an order regarding the correction of printing or typing of the content of the Diwali festival indicating in the earlier OM published dated 18th June 2019 as given detailed.
In the para 6 of the order
“During 2019, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Saturday, November 14, 2020 (Karthika 23).”
may be read as
“During 2020, Diwali (Deepawali) falls on Saturday, November 14, 2020 (Karthika 23).”
Diwali Holiday Falls on 2020 to 2025
- 2020: Diwali Holiday falls on 14th November 2020 (Saturday)
- 2021: Diwali Holiday falls on 4th November 2021 (Thursday)
- 2022: Diwali Holiday falls on 24th October 2022 (Monday)
- 2023: Diwali Holiday falls on 9th November 2023 (Thursday)
- 2024: Diwali Holiday falls on 1st November 2024 (Friday)
- 2025: Diwali Holiday falls on 21st October 2025 (Tuesday)
All Central and State Government offices, all nationalized and private banks, business organizations and shops including private companies will remain closed on that day of Diwali in India.