7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation in Revised Pay Structure
Pay Fixation in revised Pay Structure
Statement showing the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission on Pay relating to Civilian employees in Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ and personnel of All India Services and Government’s decisions thereon.
1.Pay Fixation in revised Pay Structure
|Recommendation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission||Decision of the Government|
|1. Minimum pay in government with effect from01.01.2016 at Rs.18000 per month (Para 4.2.13 of the Report)||Accepted|
|2. Pay Matrix comprising two dimensions having horizontal range in which each level corresponds to a “functional role in the hierarchy” with number assigned 1, 2, 3 and so on till 18 and “vertical range” denoting “pay progression”. These indicate the steps of annual financial progression (Para 5.1.21 of the Report)||Accepted|
|3. On recruitment, an employee joins at a particular level and progresses within the level as per the vertical range. The movement is usually on an annual basis, based on annual increments till the time of their next promotion. (Para 5.1.22 of the Report)||Accepted|
|4. The fitment factor of 2.57 to be applied uniformly for all employees. (Para 5.1.27 of the Report)||Accepted|
|5. Pay of employees to be fixed in the revised Pay Structure in the manner laid down in Paras 5.1.28 and 5.1.29 of the Report.||Accepted|
|6. In case of upgrading of posts recommended by the Commission, the pay may be fixed in revised Pay Structure in manner laid down in Para 5.1.30 of the Report.||Accepted.
The recommendation regarding downgrading not accepted and, therefore, no occasion for fixation on downgrading of posts.
|7. Pay of direct recruits will start at the minimum pay corresponding to the Level to which recruitment is made, which will be the first cell of each Level in the Matrix (Para 5.1.32 of the Report)||Accepted|
|8. On promotion, pay of employees to be fixed in the manner laid down in Para 5.1.33 of the Report.||Accepted|
The Government has accepted the Commission’s recommendations on Minimum Pay, Fitment Factor, Index of Rationalisation, Pay Matrices and general recommendations on pay without any material alteration with the following exceptions in Defence Pay Matrix in order to maintain parity in pay with Central Armed Police Forces, namely :-
(i) the Index of Rationalisation of Level 13A (Brigadier) in Defence Pay Matrix may be revised upward from 2.57 to 2.67;
(ii) additional three stages in Levels 12A (Lieutenant Colonel), three stages in Level 13 (Colonel) and two stages in Level 13A (Brigadier) may be added appropriately in the Defence Pay Matrix.
4. (1) The Pay Matrix, in replacement of the Pay Bands and Grade Pays as in force immediately prior to the notification of this Resolution, shall be as specified in Annexure I in respect of civilian employees.
(2) With regard to fixation of pay of the employee in the new Pay Matrix as on 1st day of January, 2016, the existing pay (Pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay) in the pre-revised structure as on 31st day of December, 2015 shall be multiplied by a factor of 2.57. The figure so arrived at is to be located in the Level corresponding to employee’s Pay Band and Grade Pay or Pay Scale in the new Pay Matrix. If a Cell identical with the figure so arrived at is available in the appropriate Level, that Cell shall be the revised pay; otherwise the next higher cell in that Level shall be the revised pay of the employee.
(3) After fixation of pay in the appropriate Level as specified in sub-paragraph (2) above, the subsequent increments in the Level shall be at the immediate next Cell in the Level.
5. There shall be two dates for grant of increment namely, 1st January and 1st July of every year, instead of existing date of 1st July; provided that an employee shall be entitled to only one annual increment on either one of these two dates depending on the date of appointment, promotion or grant of financial up-gradation.
6. The Commission’s recommendations and Government’s decision thereon with regard to revised pay structure for civilian employees of the Central Government and personnel of All India Services as specified at Annexure I and the consequent pay fixation therein as specified at Annexure II shall be effective from the 1st day of January, 2016. The arrears on this account shall be paid during the financial year 2016-2017.