Revision in Rule 4 of Gramin Dak Sevaks (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Dhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110 001
Subject: Revision in Rule 4 of Gramin Dak Sevaks (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Directorate O.M. of even number dated 14th February, 2020 and Rule 4 of CDS (Conduct and Engagement) rules, 2020 regarding “Engaging Authority” for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
- The Competent Authority has approved the following substitution in existing Rule – 4 of CDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020 containing the revised ‘Engaging Authority*, for all categories of Crnmin Dak Sovaks (GDS):-
Rule: 4 – Engaging Authority:-
(1) The Engaging Authority in respect of each category of Sevak shall he as shown in the Schedule annexed to these rules.
(2) If any doubt arises as to who is the appropriate Authority in any case, the matter shall be referred to the Director General (Posts), whose decision thereon shall be final.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, any authority superior to the Engaging Authority as shown in the Schedule under Rule 31 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020 may, at any time, either on its own motion or otherwise call for the records relating to the engagement of Gramin Dak Sevaks made by the Engaging Authority, and if such Engaging Authority appears
(a) to have exercised a jurisdiction not vested in it by any law or rules time being in force : or
(b) to have failed to exercise a jurisdiction so vested; or
(c) to have acted in the exercise of its jurisdiction illegally or with material irregularity, such superior authority may, after giving an opportunity to such GDS of being heard, make such order as it thinks fit to remove/ dismiss the GDS from engagement including order for cancellation/rectification of the engagement process.
- Hindi version will follow.
(Dr. Vincent Barla)