The issue of Date of Next Increment (DNI) in case of an employee promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under MACP on 1st July 2016, whose pay was fixed on 01.07.2016 in terms of the rules governing fixation of pay on promotion.
Also check: 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion MACP Calculator
Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
PC-VII No. 147
File No. PC-VII/2017/R-I/7
RBE No. 212/019
New Delhi, dated: 18.12.2019
The General Manager/CAOs(R),
All Indian Railways & Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – regarding.
Consequent to implementation of 7th CPC recommendations, various doubts have arisen over the issue of Date of Next Increment (DNI) in case of an employee promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under MACP on 1st July, 2016, whose pay was fixed on 01.07.2016 in terms of the rules governing fixation of pay on promotion.
Also check: Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
2. Clarification on the above issue was provided by Ministry of Finance /Department of Expenditure vide their OM No. 4-21/201 7-IC/E.III(A) dated 31.07.2018 which was adopted in Railways vide letter No. PC-VII/2017/R-I/7 dated 31.08.2018 (RBE No. 126/2018).
3. In continuation to above, Ministry of Finance/Department of Expenditure vide their OM No. 4-21/2017-IC/E .IIIA dated 28.11.2019 (copy enclosed) has provided further clarifications on the following issues:-
Also check: 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator Updated Oct 2019
- Issue No. 1: Whether after promotion on 1st July and fixation of pay with two increments, the date of next increment will be 1st January or 1st July.
- Issue No. 2: Accrual of next increment in case of regular promotion / financial up-gradation of an employee on any date other than the date of annual increment and option for fixation of pay is exercised under FR 22(I)(a)(1).
(Note: Department of Personnel & Training vide their OM No. 13/02/2017-Estt.(Pay-I) dated 27.07.2017 provided clarification on availability of option for fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment (DNI) in the lower post and method of pay fixation from DNI, if opted for in context of CCS(RP) Rules, 2016. The same was adopted in Railways vide Board’s Letter No. PC-VII/2016/I/6/2 dated 31.07.2017 (RBE No. 79/2017).
4. The clarifications issued by Ministry of Finance/Department of Expenditure as mentioned above shall be applicable mutatis mutandis in Railways too with respect to Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
5. The ‘one-month’ period mentioned in para 7 of aforesaid OM dated 28.11.2019 of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure shall be one month from the date of issue of these instructions.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director, Pay Commission-VII
- Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – Clarifications regarding 28.11.2019
- New Annual Increment Rules applicable to Railway employees November 7, 2019
- Date of Next Increment on Promotion or MACP – Rule 10 of CCS (RP) 2016 October 31, 2019
- Notional Increment for Pensionary Benefits – Court Judgement on Annual Increment October 29, 2019
Leave a Reply