DoPT Orders Disciplinary Action on Regular Latecomers
“Fingerprint-based bio metric devices have been installed to accurately record the time of entry and exit of employees. This system greatly reduces chances of error.”
The Department of Personnel & Training is the coordinating agency of the Central Government, has issued an order yesterday which suggests that disciplinary action be taken against Central Government employees who are regularly late to work.
All Central Government employees should adhere to the time guideline. A number of employees have made it a habit to report late to work. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against such employees.
All employees of the Central Government, from the lowest ranked staff to the highest-level authorities, should be punctual. According to current guidelines, twice a month, the employees can be late to the office by an hour. Any more late-coming shall be treated as half-day’s leave of absence. If the employee is late for genuine reasons, then the senior official has the discretion to excuse him/her.
Concerned ministries should ensure that the employees report to work on time. Regular circulars shall be issued regarding this, periodically.
At many Central Government offices, the employee’s arrival and exit is being recorded by Aadhaar card-linked fingerprint-based biometric devices. But, the system has not been installed at all the offices. In offices where the biometric system has not been installed, attendance is recorded in a register in which the employee has to sign everyday. The biometric system shall soon be implemented all over the country.
Top Developments on Bio Metric Attendance:
- Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices March 6, 2020
- Indian Railway Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) – AIRF January 17, 2020
- Biometric Attendance System in Central Govt Offices July 1, 2019
- Aadhar Enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System in CGDA Offices June 22, 2019
- Implementation of Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System in all KV Schools June 17, 2015
- Bio-Metric Attendance – AADHAR Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System April 22, 2015
- Training Providers to Install GPS Enabled Biometric Devices March 23, 2015
- Biometric Attendance – No proposal to introduce an alternative system March 18, 2015
- Aadhaar details should not be used for personal reasons – Supreme Court February 7, 2015
- AADHAR enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System – Dopt Notification on 28.1.2015 January 29, 2015
- Iris scanners for Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System January 12, 2015
- Introduction of Biometric Attendance System on Indian Railways January 1, 2015
- Introduction of AADHAR enabled Biometric Attendance System in all Income Tax Offices – CBDT Order December 17, 2014
- Biometric Attendance System – Are the Central Government Employees Supporting or Opposing It? November 30, 2014
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners – Aadhaar based biometric verification system November 27, 2014
- Aadhar enabled bio-metric attendance system – Early leaving is also to be treated as late coming! November 22, 2014
- Aadhar Based Bio-Metric Attendance System for all Central Govt Employees before 26.1.2015 November 21, 2014
- Aadhaar Number Made Mandatory in Central Government Employees’ Service Books November 11, 2014
- Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System for Railway employees – Railway Board Orders November 7, 2014
- Aadhaar Biometric Attendance System – Central Government Employees Attendance Record to be Modernized November 7, 2014
- Aadhaar number to be included in Service Record – Dopt orders issued November 3, 2014
- Delink the Aadhar Card from the process of implementation of Biometric attendance system – NFCAA October 13, 2014
- Central Government employees attendance system goes online…It can be monitored by public also October 11, 2014
- FAQs on Biometric Attendance System (BAS) August 29, 2014
- Attendance tracking website for all central government employees August 29, 2014