Retirement Benefits for CG Employees – Timely Payment Guaranteed
To ensure timely payment of pension to pensioners, it has been observed that the first credit of pension into the account of pensioner/family pensioner is delayed due to the requirement of physical PPO verification by the CPPCs of Banks. This delay causes undue hardship to pensioners. In order to streamline the process and expedite the payment of the first credit, the Heads of the CPPCs of Authorised Banks are directed to immediately credit the first pension into the account of the pensioner/family pensioner on the basis of e-PPO and e-SSA received from the CPAO. The physical PPO booklet and related documents will still be sent to CPPCs until further notice. If any differences are found between the e-PPO and manual PPO, the CPPC of Banks should inform CCP, and CPAO within a month for necessary corrective action.
The Office of Controller General of Accounts has also time and again reiterated that the provisions of para 7.3.2 and 7.3.3 (Role of PAO and CPAO) of the Civil Accounts Manual (read with correction slips) need to be adhered to by all concerned.
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi
Subject: Timely payment of retirement benefits to the retiring employees
It has been brought to the notice of this office that first credit of pension to the account of pensioners has been inordinately delayed and in certain cases beyond three months. The instructions, in this regard, are clear (as issued vide CPAO’s OM dated 12.07.2021 and 23.05.2021) that first credit of pension is to be made on the basis of e-PPO and the physical PPO booklet and related documents will follow as per standard timelines.
2. Controller General of Accounts has taken a serious view of delay in credit of pension/family pension in the accounts of pensioners/family pensions and has directed that all efforts must be made to ensure that the pension is credited to the account of pensioners by the due date.
3. The attention of all concerned is also drawn towards the timelines prescribed by the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoP&PW) for processing and payment of pension/family pension, gratuity, other retirement benefits and authorization by Accounts officer under Rule 63 and 76 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021.
4. This office has also time and again reiterated that the provisions of para 7.3.2 and 7.3.3 (Role of PAO and CPAO) of the Civil Accounts Manual (read with correction slips) need to be adhered to by all concerned.
5. The following time standards are required to be followed by the all field offices.
|Activity||Time Standard for processing cases||Office|
|Processing of all pension/family pension cases by Pay & Accounts Offices (PAO) after receiving all necessary forms and documents, complete in all respect from the Head of Office.||i. Not later than two months in advance of the date of retirement. ii. 30 days from the date of receipt of the case in case of family pension.||PAO to CPAO|
|Verification of PPO by CPAO and issuance of SSA along with PPO to CPPC of the pension Disbursing bank||15 days||CPAO to Bank.|
6. The time standard for submission of pension papers complete in all respect by Head of Office to PAO shall be remain as per the CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021.
7. In view of the above, all Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (I/C) of the respective Ministries/Departments are requested to ensure that Pension/Family pension cases are processed within the prescribed timelines so as to ensure that the pension/family pension is invariably credited in the account of pensioner/family pensioner on the due date.
Dy. Controller General of Accounts
- Digital Life Certificate Through Face Authentication for Super Senior Pensioners
- Digital Life Certificate Campaign 2.0 | How to submit your Life certificate through Face Authentication Technology?
- Notional Increment for Pensionary Benefits – Court Judgement on Annual Increment
- Nomination for Payment of Life-Time Arrears
- Pensioners Portal issued orders on granting of Dearness Relief to CG Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Timely Payment of Retirement Benefits to the Retiring CG Employees
- NPS – Family Pension to Family to Missing Employees
- Guidelines for Pensioners: Missing Pensioner
- FAQ for Central Civil Services: Extraordinary Pension
- Central Government Decided To Relax Pension Rules For Family Pensioners
What are retirement benefits for CG employees?
Retirement benefits are financial benefits provided to Central Government (CG) employees upon their retirement. These benefits include pension, provident fund, gratuity, and other post-retirement benefits.
Why is timely payment of retirement benefits important?
Timely payment of retirement benefits ensures that the retiring CG employees receive their entitled financial benefits without any delay, enabling them to manage their finances effectively post-retirement.
Who is responsible for the timely payment of retirement benefits?
The concerned authority in the CG department is responsible for ensuring the timely processing and payment of retirement benefits to the retiring employees.
What is the process for receiving retirement benefits?
The retiring CG employee needs to submit the required documents, such as the pension application, bank account details, and other relevant forms, to the designated authority. The authority then processes the request and initiates the payment.
How long does it take to receive retirement benefits?
The time taken for the payment of retirement benefits can vary depending on various factors, such as the completeness of documents, administrative procedures, and verification processes. However, efforts should be made to ensure timely payment, ideally within a few months of retirement.
What should an employee do if there are delays in receiving retirement benefits?
In case of delays in receiving retirement benefits, the retiring employee should first contact the relevant CG department to inquire about the status of their payment. If the issue persists, they can escalate the matter to higher authorities or consult their employee association for guidance.
Are there any penalties for delays in payment of retirement benefits?
The concerned authority may face penalties or disciplinary action if there are unjustifiable delays in the payment of retirement benefits to the retiring CG employees. However, it is important to follow the established procedures for raising complaints or grievances.
Can a retiring CG employee track the status of their retirement benefits payment?
Yes, in some cases, retiring CG employees can track the status of their retirement benefits payment through online portals or by contacting the designated authority. It is advisable to inquire about such tracking options during the retirement process.