Once again the Minister of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh clarifies in Parliament on 16th September 2020 regarding the retirement age of Central Govt employees.
He said, there is no proposal to change the age of superannuation of Central Government employees.
The State Government employees are governed by the rules/regulations framed by their respective State governments.
Latest News on Retirement Age of Central Government Employees
- First Retirement Virtual Function in Railways on 31 August 2020 August 3, 2020
- First Time Retirement function is conducting through Video Conferencing on 31.7.2020 July 22, 2020
- Tamil Nadu Govt Employees Retirement Age Notification – Amendment Order 1.6.2020 June 8, 2020
- Retention in Government Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service – CGDA Order dated 1.6.2020 June 2, 2020
- Retirement age increased to 59 years in Tamil Nadu May 7, 2020
- Retirement of Government Servants on 31st March 2020 – Clarification order issued by DoPT March 31, 2020
- Premature Retirement in Central Government – DoPT March 9, 2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL AND TRAINING)
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 576
ANSWERED ON: 16.09.2020
Retirement of Employees
576. Shri. L.S. Tejasvi Surya
Will the Prime Minister be pleased to state:-
- (a) whether there is a proposal to retire employees of Central and State Government after completing a maximum service period of 30 years;
- (b) if so, whether the Government will mandate the same for all employees of the Central Government in different States;
- (c) if so, whether the Government will also mandate the same for all employees of different State Governments; and
- (d) the objective behind placing a ceiling limit of 30 years of service for Government employees?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS AND MINISTER OF STATE IN THE PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE
(DR. JITENDRA SINGH)
(a): There is no proposal to change the age of superannuation of Central Government employees.
The State Government employees are governed by the rules/regulations framed by their respective State Governments.
(B) to (d): Does not arise in view of (a) above.
Source: Lok Sabha
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF