Transport Allowance Rates as per 7th Pay Commission
7th Central Pay Commission Recommendations on Transport Allowance for Central Government Employees.
What is Transport Allowance in Central Govt Services?
Transport allowance is given to all employees working in Central Govt services for the expenditure on travel from residence to office and back. Employees are using various mode of travel to come to workplace and return.
What is classification of Cities?
Transport allowance is divided in three segments according to their pay matrix level. The cities and towns are classified in two categories on the basis of population for the purpose of Transport Allowance. One is ‘Higher TPTA Cities’ and another one is ‘Other Places’.
Note: List of Cities/Towns eligible for Higher Rates of Transport Allowance on Re-Classification of Cities/Towns as per Census 2011 (w.e.f. 1.4.2015)
What is the rate of Transport allowance?
The Transport Allowance is common to all category of Central Government Employees with effect from 1.7.2017. (Recommendations on Revised Pay Structure of 7th pay commission was implemented w.e.f. 1.1.2016).
|RATE OF TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE|
|Pay Level (Grade Pay)||Higher TPTA Cities*||Other Places**|
|Level 9 and Above (GP 5400 PB-2 and Above)||Rs. 7200 + DA||Rs. 3600 + DA|
|Level 3 to Level 8 (GP 2000 to GP 4800)||Rs. 3600 + DA||Rs. 1800 + DA|
|Level 1 and Level 2(GP 1800 and GP 1900)||Rs. 1350 + DA||Rs. 900 + DA|
Which are all TPTA Cities?
19 Cities are classified under Higher TPTA Cities. 1. Ahmedabad (UA), 2. Bengaluru (UA), 3. Chennai (UA), 4. Coimbatore (UA), 5. Delhi (UA), 6. Ghaziabad (UA), 7. Greater Mumbai (UA), 8. Hyderabad (UA), 9. Indore (UA), 10. Jaipur (UA), 11. Kanpur (UA), 12. Kochi (UA), 13. Kolkata (UA), 14. Kozhikode (UA), 15. Lucknow (UA), 16. Nagpur (UA), 17. Patna (UA), 18. Pune (UA), 19. Surat (UA)
Which are all Other Places?
‘Other Places’ means, all cities and towns other than TPTA Cities. Central Government Employees posted at all ‘Other Places’ including Faridabad, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad & Noida.
What is TA Rates for Officers availing official car facility?
Officers in Pay Level 14 and higher, who are entitled to the use of official car, will ave the option to avail themselves of the existing facility or to draw the TPTA at the rate of Rs.15,750+DA pm.
What is the definition of Handicapped Employees?
Who have minimum 40 percent permanent partial disability of either one or both upper limbs or 50 percent permanent partial disability of one or both upper limbs or one or both lower limbs.
What is TA Rates for Deaf and Dumb employees?
Blind and Orthopaedically handicapped (Deaf and Dumb) employees will continue to be paid at double rate, subject to a minimum of Rs.2,250 plus DA.
What is the procedure to avail the benefit?
Employees who have visually impaired, orthopedically handicapped, deaf and dumb/hearing impaired, spinal deformity. Employees will get recommendation certificate from the Head of orthopedics Department, Head of Ophthalmologist Department, Head of ENT Department of a Government Civil Hospital.
What is 6th CPC 7440 issue and when settled?
In 6th CPC regime, employees who are drawing pay in the band Rs.7440 and above in Grade Pay of below 4200, they were eligible for higher Transport allowance of Rs.1600 instead of Rs.600 in A1/A Cities and Rs.800 instead of Rs.400 in Other Places.
7th pay commission did not mention about this aspect in its report. After the long deliberation, Govt accepted the demand and issued orders on 2.8.2017.
The orders said, Central Government employees who are drawing pay of Rs.24200/- & above in Pay Level 1 & 2 of the Pay Matrix, shall be eligible for grant of Transport Allowance @ Rs.3600/- plus D.A. thereon at the cities mentioned in the Annexure to the above cited OM. and @ Rs.1800/- plus D.A. thereon at all Other Places.
The below table is described the changes of TA rates for pay matrix level 1 and level 2
|7th CPC Level||TPTA Cities||Other Cities|
|Level-1 (GP 1800) and Level-2 (GP 1900)|
|Level – 1||1350 + DA||900 + DA|
|3600 + DA (24200 and Above)||1800 + DA (24200 and Above)|
|Level – 2||1350 + DA||900 + DA|
|3600 + DA (24200 and Above)||1800 + DA (24200 and Above)|
|Level-3 (GP 2000) to Level-8 (GP 4200)|
|Level – 3||3600 + DA||1800 + DA|
|Level – 4||3600 + DA||1800 + DA|
|Level – 5||3600 + DA||1800 + DA|
|Level – 6||3600 + DA||1800 + DA|
|Level – 7||3600 + DA||1800 + DA|
|Level – 8||3600 + DA||1800 + DA|
|Level-9 and Above (GP 5400 PB-2 and Above)|
|Level – 9||7200 + DA||3600 + DA|
|Level – 10||7200 + DA||3600 + DA|
|Level – 11||7200 + DA||3600 + DA|
|Level – 12||7200 + DA||3600 + DA|
|Level – 13||7200 + DA||3600 + DA|
TA on During Leave
The allowance will not be admissible for the calendar month(s) wholly covered by leave.
TA on During deputation abroad
The allowance will not be admissible during the period of deputation abroad.
TA on During Tour
If an employee is absent from the Headquarters /Place of Posting for full calendar month/months due to tour, he/she will not be entitled to Transport Allowance. During that/those calendar month/months. However, if the absence does not cover any calendar month(s) in full, Transport Allowance will be admissible for full month.
TA on during Duty
During training treated as duty. The allowance may be granted during such training, if no Transport Facility/ Traveling Allowance /Daily Allowance is provided for attending the training institute. During Official tour in him training course, the allowance will not be admissible when the period of the tour covers the whole calendar month. Also, during training abroad, no Transport will be admissible when the period of such training covers the whole calendar month.
TA on During Inspection
During inspection/survey duty by Members of Special Parties within the city but exceeding 8 kms. From the Headquarters or during continuous field duty either in or outside the Headquarters: Transport Allowance is given to compensate for the expenditure incurred for commuting for both to and fro between the place of duty and residence. In case when one gets Road Mileage/Daily Allowance or free transportation for field/inspection/survey duty or tour for a period covering the whole calendar month, he/she will not be entitled to Transport Allowance during that calendar month.
TA on Vacation Leave
To vacation staff: Vacation staff is entitled to Transport Allowance provided no free transport facility is given to such staff. However, the allowance shall not be admissible when such vacation spell, including all kinds of Leave, cover the whole calendar months.
TA on Suspension Period
During Suspension: As a Government employee under suspension is not required to attend office, he/she is not entitled to Transport Allowance during suspension where suspension covers full calendar month(s). This position will hold well even if the suspension period is finally treated as duty. Where suspension period covers a calendar month partially, Transport Allowance payable for that month shall be reduced proportionately.
To Whom and When Travelling allowance is not admissible?
1. Central government employees who have been provided the Government facility of Staff Car Transport.
2. Absence form duty during full calendar month, will not be admissible Transport allowance.
Central Government constituted a Committee under the Chairmanship of Finance Secretary to examine the recommendations of the 7th CPC on Allowances. The Allowance Committee submitted its report on 27 April 2017 to Government.
- Finmin Issued Detailed Orders about Transport Allowance on 7.7.2017 – Click to read full story
- Amendment order regarding Transport Allowance on 2.8.2017 – Click to View the Order
More Finance Ministry and DoPT issued orders regarding the Transport Allowance and are compiled here for your ready reference…
|Transport Allowance to deaf and dumb employees – Click to read Finmin Order|
|Transport Allowance on Leave, Training, Tour and Suspension – Click to Read Full Story|
|Transport Allowance with Dearness Allowance Chart from 1.1.2018 – Click to Download|
|Comparison of Transport Allowance between 6th and 7th CPC – Click to Download|
|Finmin Issued Detailed Orders about Transport Allowance on 7.7.2017 – Click to read full story|
|Allowance Committee Report on Transport Allowance – Click to read full story|
|JCM Staff Side suggestion on Transport Allowance – Click to read full story|
|7th CPC Transport Allowance Rate Chart – Click to view the chart|
|Check Your Transport Allowance using with Our Exclusive Calculator – Try it now…|
|Amendment order regarding Transport Allowance on 2.8.2017 (7440 issue settled) – Click to View the Order|
The below table describes the Transport Allowance for Pay Matrix Level -1 and Level -2 after release the Finance Ministry Clarification…(Calculation for DA taken as 4%)
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance with DA(5%) Chart w.e.f. 1.7.2017
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance with DA(7%) Chart w.e.f. 1.1.2018
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance with DA(9%) Chart w.e.f. 1.7.2018
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance – Finmin and DoPT Orders
Top Developments on 7th CPC Transport Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance Latest News – 17% DA Table from July 2019 October 11, 2019 Read more...
- 7th Pay Commission: Rates of Transport Allowance June 10, 2019 Read more...
- Eligibility of Staff Car/ Higher Rate of Transport Allowance to SAG Rank IOFS Officers May 28, 2019 Read more...
- Clarification on Transport Allowance to Railway Employees February 27, 2019 Read more...
- Transport Allowance to persons with disabilities employed in Central Government August 31, 2018 Read more...
- Grant of Transport Allowance to Service Officers and PBOR August 31, 2018 Read more...
- TA double to persons with disabilities – Finmin Clarification on 12.7.2018 July 12, 2018 Read more...
- DA on Transport Allowance at Pre-revised Rates – Noting of DoE June 19, 2018 Read more...
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway employees – NFIR June 16, 2018 Read more...
- Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprival of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2 April 6, 2018 Read more...
7th Pay Commission Other Topics
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission DA Rates Table
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Scheme
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Increment
- 7th Pay Commission House Rent Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Classification of Posts
- 7th Pay Commission LTC Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Leave Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission House Building Advance
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Table
- 7th Pay Commission Advances
- 7th Pay Commission CGEGIS
- 7th Pay Commission Risk & Hardship Allowances