7th CPC Pension Calculation : Fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners
The 7th Pay Commission has recommended the fixation of pension for civil employees including CAPF personnel, who have retired before 01.01.2016, given two formulations with illustrations for fixing of pension. One for the pensioners retired on 2015 and another one is for the pensioners retired on 1989.
And also recommended, the first formulation of fixing the pension may take a little time since the records of each pensioner will have to be checked to ascertain the number of increments earned in the retiring level. The first instance the revised pension may be calculated as in the second formulation and the same may be paid as an interim measure. In the event calculation as per the formulation of fixing the pension yields a higher amount the difference may be paid subsequently.
And one more important recommendation of option given to the pensioners for choosing whichever is beneficial to them.
Recommendations on fixing of Pension by 7th CPC : All the civilian personnel including CAPF who retired prior to 01.01.2016 (expected date of implementation of the Seventh CPC recommendations) shall first be fixed in the Pay Matrix being recommended by this Commission, on the basis of the Pay Band and Grade Pay at which they retired, at the minimum of the corresponding level in the matrix.
1.This amount shall be raised, to arrive at the notional pay of the retiree, by adding the number of increments he/she had earned in that level while in service, at the rate of three percent. Fifty percent of the total amount so arrived at shall be the revised pension.
2. The second calculation to be carried out is as follows. The pension, as had been fixed at the time of implementation of the VI CPC recommendations, shall be multiplied by 2.57 to arrive at an alternate value for the revised pension.
Illustration on fixation of pension : Case I : Pensioner ‘A’ retired at last pay drawn of ₹79,000 on 30 May, 2015 under the VI CPC regime, having drawn three increments in the scale ₹67,000 to 79,000:
Case II : Pensioner ‘B’ retired at last pay drawn of ₹4,000 on 31 January, 1989 under the IV CPC regime, having drawn 9 increments in the pay scale of ₹3000-100-3500-125-4500:
[Disclaimer: This calculator gives only approximate value and visitors refer once again the relevant orders] [Calculator Not Working…Click the link]
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners in implementation of Governments decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission- Concordance tables-OM No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A) Dated 06/07/2017
- Revision of Pension of pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – DoPPW OM dt. 12.5.2017
- Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – DoPPW OM dt. 4.8.2016
7th CPC Concordance Table for All Group of Pre-2016 Pensioners:
- (PB-1 GP1800 TO 2800 7CPC LEVEL 1 TO 5)
- (PB-2 GP4200 TO 5400 7CPC LEVEL 6 TO 9)
- (PB-3 GP5400 TO 7600 7CPC LEVEL 10 TO 12)
- (PB-4 GP8700 TO 10000 7CPC LEVEL 13 TO 14)
Other Important Orders & Calculators:
Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension – Click to view the order