The Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare has made it clear that the commencement of NPS contribution or the generation of PRAN is not a requirement for the payment of pensionary benefits to the eligible family members of a deceased NPS employee. This is provided that the other conditions for granting these benefits are met.
No. TA-3-07001/6/2021-T A-III/CS 6776/92
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA,
Subject: Payment of family pension to the eligible family members of the Central Govt. employees covered under NPS-Reg.
This office has received references regarding payment of family pension to the eligible family members of deceased NPS employees who were not allotted PRAN Number.
2. In this regard, Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare has clarified that neither starting of NPS contribution nor PRAN generation is essential, for payment of pensionery benefits to the eligible family member of the deceased NPS employee in the event of his death, subject to fulfillment of other conditions of grant of these benefits.
3, All the Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs/ (ICs) of the Ministries/ Departments are, therefore, requested to take cognizance of above clarification in settling similar cases.
Dy. Controller General of Accounts
Click to view the order in PDF
Latest Updates Related to NPS to OPS
- Old Pension Scheme for Central Govt Employees Recruited on or before 22.12.2003
- Clarification on NPS Under Income Tax Act 1961
- NPS Govt Contribution Rate 14% of Basic Pay + DA
- Agitational Programme for Scrapping of NPS and Restoration of OPS – Confederation
- Clarification on Provisions Under Income Tax Pertaining to NPS
- Opportunity to switch from NPS to OPS with a one-time choice – NC JCM Staff Side
- NPS to OPS Option for Certain Central Government Employees Last Date 31.8.2023
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply