Child Education Allowance for Nursery Class
The rate of Children Education Allowance after the 7th pay commission is Rs. 27000 per year per child. And the Hostel subsidy is Rs. 81000 per year per child. As per the instructions has given in the order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training, prescribed pdf form filled and submit for claiming CEA each academic year.
The income tax exemption under section 10(14) of Income Tax Act 1961 for children education allowance only Rs. 100 per child and up to 2 children. And Rs. 300 per child will be allowed on Hostel Facility Allowance (Hostel Subsidy).
Reimbursement Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy
Class eligibility of Children are given detailed in an order published by DoPT on 17.7.2018 [Check the order] as follows…
Reimbursement of CEA and Hostel Subsidy shall be applicable for children from class nursery to twelfth, including classes eleventh and twelfth held by Junior Colleges or schools affiliated to Universities or Boards of Education.
CEA is allowed in case of children studying through “Correspondence or Distance Learning” subject to other conditions laid down herein
The CEA and Hostel Subsidy is admissible in respect of children studying from two classes before class one to 12th standard and also for the initial two years of a diploma/certificate course from Polytechnic / ITI / Engineering College, if the child pursues the course after passing 10th standard and the Government servant has not been granted CEA / Hostel Subsidy in respect of the child for studies in 11th and 12th standards.
In respect of schools/institutions at nursery, primary and middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the Scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution.
Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Government school or any education institution whether in receipt of Govt.
Aid or not, recognized by the Central or State Government or Union Territory Administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the institution/school is situated.
More Clarifications about CEA
Also Check: Expected DA Calculator from July 2022
- Reimbursement Children Education Allowance – Clarification on Leave or Suspension
- Children Education Allowance Payable for Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan – Clarification
- Class Eligibility of Children for Children Education Allowance
- Upper Age Limit for Children Education Allowance
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – In case of retirement…
- CEA Clarification – If a Government servant dies…
- Clarification on CEA – Child Fails in a Particular Class
- Children Education Allowance – Distance of residential educational institution
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – Both are Government servants
- Children Education Allowance – Period for Reimbursement
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – DA Impact
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – For Divyaang Children
- Reimbursement of Hostel Subsidy – Eligibility of Amount
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – Eligibility of Amount
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance – Eligibility of Children
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF