Counter Ticket Cancellation Procedure – IRCTC
- Enter PNR Number, Train number along with Captcha.
- Select check box to confirm that rules and procedure are read.
- After click on submit an OTP will be sent on mobile number given at the time of booking, enter the received OTP and click submit.
- After the OTP is validated PNR details will be displayed on the screen.
- After verifying the details Click on ‘Cancel Ticket’ for full cancellation. Refund amount due will be displayed on the screen.
- An SMS will be sent with PNR and refund details. Sample format: “Your PNR xxxxxxxxxx has been cancelled. Collect refund amt xxxxx from journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations. Ref. Terms & conditions”
- For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) before 24 hours of scheduled train departure time:
- Refund of fare as permissible can be collected on submission of original PRS counter ticket from any PRS counter of Indian Railways upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure time of the train in case of confirmed tickets and upto thirty minutes before the scheduled departure time of train in case of RAC/waitlisted tickets.
For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) between 24 hours and upto 4 hours for the confirmed tickets and upto thirty minutes for RAC/waitlisted tickets before the scheduled departure time: Refund of cancelled PRS counter tickets through IRCTC website or 139 at present is permitted only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations by surrendering original journey ticket. Please check the convenience of collecting refund from journey commencing station before cancelling your ticket
During first two hours of the opening of PRS counters on the next day for the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure as under:- time is (i) between 1801 hours and 0600 hours.
Upto 4 hours after the scheduled departure of the train during the working hours of PRS counters/current counters/special counters where cancellation is permitted round the clock on the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure time is (i) between 0601 hours and 1800 hours.