Apply for Family Pension After Govt. Servant’s Death
If you are wondering about how to claim Family Pension, there is a specific form designed for this purpose: Form 14. This form can be obtained from the pension-disbursing authority or can be downloaded from the official website. Once you have the form, you will need to fill in details such as the name of the pensioner, the name of the person who will be receiving the Family Pension, and the date of the pensioner’s death. You will also need to provide supporting documents such as death certificate, birth certificate of the family pensioner, and proof of relationship with the pensioner. It’s important to note that the process of claiming Family Pension can vary depending on the pension scheme and rules of the pension-disbursing authority, so it’s best to seek guidance from a legal or financial expert if you have any doubts or questions.
How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant/ pensioner/ family pensioner.
What should a family member (eligible for the grant of family pension) do to get the family Pension?
Normally, family pension to spouse is sanctioned and authorized at the time pension is authorized in favour of retiring government servant and indicated in the pension payment order and is to be drawn after the death of the pensioner. However, in cases where Govt. servant expired while in service, the widow or widower has to apply in Form 14 (of CCS Pension Rules) to the Head of Office
concerned who will sanction and authorize the family pension through its Pay & Accounts Officer. Where the deceased Govt. servant is survived only by a child or children, the guardian (in case of minor child/children) or such child or children may submit a claim in Form 14 to the Head of 0ffice for sanction and authorization of family pension. For getting family pension, the deceased pensioner’s family should apply in Form no.14 along with a copy of the death certificate of the deceased Pensioner to:
(1) The pension disbursing authority if, the amount of family pension is already indicated in the Pension Payment 0rder.
(II) The Head of Office for sanction of family pension in all other cases.
lf the pensioner has Joint Account with the spouse on either or survivor basis the spouse has to submit the death certificate of the pensioner along with simple application only to activate the family pension.
How can I apply for granting family pension on the death of a government servant?
To apply for granting family pension on the death of a government servant, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the concerned government department or agency responsible for handling pension matters.
- Look for the section or page related to family pension or survivor benefits.
- Download the required application form or access the online application portal, if available.
- Fill out the application form with accurate and complete information, including details of the deceased government servant and the family members eligible for the pension.
- Attach the necessary documents, such as the death certificate of the government servant, proof of relationship with the deceased (marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc.), and any other relevant supporting documents as specified by the government department.
- Submit the application form and supporting documents through the prescribed method, which may include online submission, physical submission to a designated office, or mailing it to the concerned authority.
- Keep a copy of the application form and supporting documents for your records.
Can a pensioner's family apply for family pension after their demise?
Yes, the family of a pensioner can apply for family pension after their demise. The process is similar to the one mentioned above for applying for family pension on the death of a government servant. The family members will need to follow the same steps and provide the required documents as specified by the concerned government department or agency.
What documents are needed to apply for family pension on the death of a family pensioner?
The documents required to apply for family pension on the death of a family pensioner may vary depending on the specific government department or agency. However, common documents that are usually required include:
- Death certificate of the family pensioner.
- Proof of relationship with the deceased family pensioner (marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc.).
- A copy of the family pensioner’s pension order.
- Bank account details of the family member who will receive the family pension.
It is advisable to check the official website or contact the concerned government department or agency for the complete list of required documents specific to your case.