7th CPC Allowances for Defence Personnel
Defence Forces pers are in receipt of a variety of Allces, some identical to those granted to civilians and others exclusive to the Defence Forces, taking into account the specific conditions of service.
Allowances common to civilians and Defence Forces pers are Deputation (Duty) Allowance, Tpt Allowance, NPA, HRA, Spl Compensatory Allce etc. Allowances specific to Armed Forces compensate either the difficulty of location (Fd Area, High Altitude etc), heightened risk profile (CI Ops, Flying, HAFA etc) or a specific personal situation of an individual (Tech Allce, Additional Post Allce, Composite Personal Maint Allce etc).
2.2. The yardstick applied for all allces has been the same i.e., revision has been implemented wef 01.07.2017. Major features are:-
(a) All slab based Allowances to increase by 25% for every 50% rise in DA.
(b) Rates of Children Education Allowance (CEA) and Hostel Subsidy increased by 1.5 times. CEA has been increased from Rs 1500/- per month/child (max two) to Rs 2250/- per month/child (max two). Hostel Subsidy has been revised from Rs 4500/- per month to Rs 6750/- per month.
(c) Family Accn Allce for JCOs/OR abolished wef 01.07.2017.
(d) HRA will be applicable to all ranks and CILQ abolished wef 01.07.2017.
(e) Travel by air on TD for Level 6 and above. AC III/AC Chair Car for Level 5 and below.
(f) Siachen Allowance will be Rs 30,000/- per month for JCOs/OR (Level 8 and below) and Rs 42,500/- per month for officers (Level 9 and above).
(g) Allowances Abolished.
(i) Air Despatch Pay.
(ii) Air Steward Allowance.
(iii) Official Hospitality Grant in Defence Forces.
(iv) Special Compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance.
(v) Spectacle Allowance.
(vi) Short Hand Allowance.
(h) Allowances Subsumed.
(i) Kit Maintenance Allowance.
(ii) Qualification Grant.
(iii) Special Compensatory (Remote Locality Allowance).
(iv) Uniform Related Allces.
(v) Washing/Clothing Maintenance Allowance.
(vi) Acting Allowance.
(vii) Bad Climate Allowance.
(viii) Compensation in Lieu of Quarter (CILQ).
(ix) Single in Lieu of Quarter (SNLQ).
(x) Extra Duty Allowance.
(xi) Family Accommodation Allowance.
(xii) Flight Charge Certificate Allowance.
(xiii) Instructional Allowance.
(xiv) Judge Advocate General Dept Examination Award.
(xv) Outfit Allowance.
Pay & Allowances of JCOs/OR (Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank)
All the parameters of Pay and Allowances of JCOs/OR of Indian Army, Territorial Army, NCC Personnel, Defence Civilian Non-Gazetted Employees Posted in Field Areas, incorporating the 7th CPC Entitlements.
- 7th CPC Pay as per Revised Pay Rules – Definition
- Military Service Pay – An Overview
- Exercise of option – Exercised in writing
- Fixation of pay in the revised pay structure – Methodology
- Re–Fixation of Pay – Stepping Up
- Date of Increment in Revised Pay Structure – More details
- Mode of Payment of Arrears of Pay – Calculation
- Pay Matrix – View Table
Allowances for JCOs / ORs of Indian Army – An Overview
- Allowances as per 7th CPC – An Overview
- CEA Scheme – Hostel Subsidy – Educational Concession
- Language & Qualification Allowance – Revised Rates
- Dress Allowance – New Rates
- Transport Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Conveyance Allowance – Revised Table for JCOs/OR
- Concurrent Admissibility of Allowance – List of Allowances for JCOs/OR
- House Rent Allowance – Matrix for HRA to JCOs/OR
- Dip Money – Revised Rates for All Naval Personnel
- Diving Attendant Allowance – Revised Rates for All Naval Personnel
- Hard Area Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Island Special Duty Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Funeral Allowance – Funeral Expense
- Tough Location Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Deputation (Duty) Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer Allowance – Officers Only
- Extra Work Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Composite Personal Maintenance Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Rum Allowance – For JCOs/OR Only
- Additional Post and Classification Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Good Service/Good Conduct/Badge Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Gallantry Awards – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Training Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Other Allowances – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
Click here for All 196 7th CPC Allowances to Central Government Employees
Important Updates on 7th CPC Allowances….
List of All 196 Allowances Recommended by 7th Pay Commission
7th CPC Allowances: List of 37 ‘Abolished as a Separate Allowance’ Allowances
7th CPC Allowances: List of 54 Abolished Allowances
7th CPC Allowances: List of 12 Allowances as’Not Included in the Report’
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply