7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation on Promotion and MACP Calculator
If designation or grade of the post changed due to promotion, salary computation is more important as per the existing rules for Government employees. We provide here a simple tool to determine your new salary!
Pay Fixation on Promotion after MACP in Same Grade Pay: The main anomaly has been removed in 7th pay commission after implemented the revised pay rules to Central Government employees with effect from 1.1.2016.
MACP Scheme Rules and Regulations in the 7th Pay Commission
Assured Career Progression Scheme (ACP Scheme) is a great promotional scheme for Central Government employees recommended by 5th CPC. And the 6th CPC little more favourable modification made in the old scheme and introduced as Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACP).
Then the 7th Pay Commission has recommended an important rectification in the scheme, which is MACP granted in their own hierarchy.
Pay Fixation on Promotion/MACP Calculator as per 7th Pay Commission with Steps showing in Pay Matrix Table.
PAY FIXATION METHOD: ONE INCREMENT SHALL BE GIVEN IN THE SAME LEVEL AND PLACED EQUAL OR NEXT HIGHER AMOUNT IN THE PROMOTED LEVEL.
[Note: All the figures are indicative]
7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion or MACP Examples
Pay Fixation in the New Pay Structure
Fitment Factor for CG Employees: Uniform Fitment factor of 2.57 is being proposed to be applied uniformly for all employees.
It includes a factor of 2.25 on account of DA neutralisation, assuming that the rate of Dearness Allowance would be 125 per cent at the time of implementation of the new pay. [Para 5.1.27 in 7th CPC Report]
Fitment Factor for Defence Personnel: The starting point of a Sepoy (and equivalent), the entry-level personnel in the defence forces, has been fixed in the Defence Pay Matrix at Rs.21,700.
The fitment in the new matrix is essentially multiple factors of 2.57. This multiple is the ratio of the new minimum pay arrived at by the Commission (Rs.18,000) and the existing minimum pay (Rs.7,000). The fitment factor is being applied uniformly to all employees.
An identical fitment of 2.57 has also been applied to the existing rates of Military Service Pay (MSP), applicable to Defence forces personnel only [Para 5.2.7 in 7th CPC Report]
Pay Fixation Chart on Promotion
- Check 6th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion Calculator
- Click here to view the Pay Matrix Table as per recommendations of 7th CPC issued on 25.7.2016
- Click here to view the 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table as per Gazette Notification issued on 16.5.2017
How to do Pay Fixation on Promotion or MACP?
As per the consolidated guidelines issued by the Department of Personnel and Training on 22nd October 2019
Hot Check: Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator
List of Latest Salary and DA Calculator for CG Employees:
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator Updated Oct 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion MACP Calculator
- Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
- Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator with AICPIN
- DA Loss Calculation for CG Employees
- DR (Dearness Relief) Loss in Pension Calculator for Govt Pensioners
- How to Calculate Basic Salary in India?
- Expected DA Calculator for Bank Employees from August 2020
- Expected DA Calculator from Jan 2021
- Expected DA Calculator from July 2021
- Leave encashment Calculator for CG Employees
7th Pay Commission Other Topics
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission DA Rates Table
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Scheme
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Increment
- 7th Pay Commission House Rent Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Classification of Posts
- 7th Pay Commission LTC Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Leave Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission House Building Advance
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Table
- 7th Pay Commission Advances
- 7th Pay Commission CGEGIS
- 7th Pay Commission Risk & Hardship Allowances