Biometric Attendance System in Central Government Offices and Attached, Sub Ordinate Offices in India
Central Government decided to implement the Bio metric Attendance System in all Central Government Offices in 2014. This system is working with the authentication of Finger Print of every employee. Fingerprint-based bio-metric devices have been installed to accurately record the time of entry and exit of employees. This system greatly reduces chances of error.
Bio metric System is an enabling platform only, there is no change in regular formalities like office hours, late attendance etc.
The Govt notified for all Ministries and Departments for purchasing the Bio metric equipment should be as per the specifications of DeitY on DGS&D from authorized vendors only. The Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) has provided the technical guidance for installing the system.
The Central government employees who are habitually late, early leaving is also to be treated in the same manner as late coming, disciplinary action may be taken against the government employee.
Aadhar Enable Bio-metric Attendance System
In 2015 the Central Government has decided to introduce Aadhar Enable Biometric Attendance System to replace the manual system of marking of attendance to ensure punctuality. It is mandatory for employees to have a valid Aadhaar number to start marking attendance. Without an Aadhaar number, the employees will not be able to mark attendance.
As per CCS (Conduct) Rule No.3(I)(ii), every Government employee shall at all times maintain devotion to duty.
Section in-charge of Government department to ensure punctuality and overstay during the lunch hours and also not leave office before time. Habitual late attendance is viewed as conduct unbecoming of a Government employee in all levels and disciplinary action may be taken against such a employee. All branch officers also conduct surprise checks with regular intervals.
Biometric Attendance Portal
This portal is real time monitoring of attendance of all registered employees. This system will generate daily list of the in and out timings and such list are on Leave, Tour, Training. However, due to non availability of information in the system, they are being shown as absentees.
If an employee punch in the bio metric system equipment more than once in a day, what will happen?
The very first time an employee marks attendance in a day is taken to be his In- time. The last attendance marked in the day is considered to be the Out-time. This means attendances marked in between the first and the last punch are not considered.
More updates about Biometric System
- Exemption from marking attendance through Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) – Railway Board Order April 17, 2020
- Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices March 6, 2020
- Indian Railway Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) – AIRF January 17, 2020
- Biometric Attendance System in Central Govt Offices July 1, 2019
- Aadhar Enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System in CGDA Offices June 22, 2019
- Implementation of Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System in all KV Schools June 17, 2015
- Bio-Metric Attendance – AADHAR Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System April 22, 2015
- Training Providers to Install GPS Enabled Biometric Devices March 23, 2015
- Biometric Attendance – No proposal to introduce an alternative system March 18, 2015
- Aadhaar details should not be used for personal reasons – Supreme Court February 7, 2015
- AADHAR enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System – Dopt Notification on 28.1.2015 January 29, 2015
- Iris scanners for Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System January 12, 2015
- Introduction of Biometric Attendance System on Indian Railways January 1, 2015
- Introduction of AADHAR enabled Biometric Attendance System in all Income Tax Offices – CBDT Order December 17, 2014
- Biometric Attendance System – Are the Central Government Employees Supporting or Opposing It? November 30, 2014
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners – Aadhaar based biometric verification system November 27, 2014
- Aadhar enabled bio-metric attendance system – Early leaving is also to be treated as late coming! November 22, 2014
- Aadhar Based Bio-Metric Attendance System for all Central Govt Employees before 26.1.2015 November 21, 2014
- Aadhaar Number Made Mandatory in Central Government Employees’ Service Books November 11, 2014
- Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System for Railway employees – Railway Board Orders November 7, 2014
- Aadhaar Biometric Attendance System – Central Government Employees Attendance Record to be Modernized November 7, 2014
- Aadhaar number to be included in Service Record – Dopt orders issued November 3, 2014
- Delink the Aadhar Card from the process of implementation of Biometric attendance system – NFCAA October 13, 2014
- Central Government employees attendance system goes online…It can be monitored by public also October 11, 2014
- FAQs on Biometric Attendance System (BAS) August 29, 2014
- Attendance tracking website for all central government employees August 29, 2014