Option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level to the Railway employees promoted during the period 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 31-03-2017
The General Secretary
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi – 56.
Sub: Option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level to the Railway employees promoted during the period 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016.
Please refer to your letter No.IV/NFIR/7th CPC (Imp)/2016/R.B./Part I dated 06.01.2017, wherein it has been demanded that opportunity for revision of option for those staff promoted after the date of notification of Rs(RP) Rules, 2016 (i.e 28.07.2016) and also for those staff promoted between 01.01.2016 and 31.12.2016 to switch over to 7th CPC Pay Matrix from the date subsequent to date of Railway Board’s notification be provided.
2. In this context it is stated that option for switching over to 7th CPC has been circulated and clearly specified under Rule 5 of RS (RP) Rules, 2016. Further, instructions for exercising the revised option in respect of officials who had got promotion/financial upgradation and had already exercised the option between the date of effect of recommendation (01.01.2016) and date of promulgation of RS (RP) Rules, 2016 (28.07.2016) has also been issued vide Board’s letter RBE no.124/2016 dated 20.10.2016.
It has already been notified under Rule 5 of RS (RP) Rules and further in the option form circulated along with RS (RP) Rules that the employee can elect to continue on Pay Band and Grade Pay of his substantive/officiating post until the date of his next increment/date of any subsequent incrment raising he pay to particular limit or from the date of his promotion/upgradation.
3. Form the above, it can be appreciated that employee can continue such time, till promotion or vacation of the post and no cut off date (like 31.12.2016) mentioned in the reference) has been specified.
However, the option exercise is final and one time dispensation has been extended to those promoted between 01.01.2016 and 28.07.2016 can not be extended in other cases.
Decision on permitting further revision of option once taken can not be taken unilaterally by Ministry of Railways alone and needs to be taken by Ministry of finance as it is a general policy matter pertaining to all Government employees.
Updates on Revision of Option
- Option for Fixation of Pay on Promotion from DNI – Clarification Orders
- Option for Fixation of Pay on MACP from DNI
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation:Opportunity to Revise Option – Finmin Orders Dt. 12.12.2018
- Option for Fixation of Pay on MACPS – Finmin Orders dt.18.6.2018
- Option for Re-Fixation of Pay on MACPS – NFIR
- MACP Option for Fixation of Pay on Promotion from DNI – Clarification order issued by Railway Board
- Allowed to Re-Exercise the Option for Fixation of Pay under FR 22(l)(a)(1)
- Option for Fixation of Pay on Promotion from the Date of Next Increment
PAY MATRIX CIVILIAN TABLES
- Pay Matrix Table for Central Government Employees
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table Level 1 to 5
- Civilian Pay Matrix Table Level 6 to 9
- Civilian Pay Matrix Table Level 10 to 12
- Civilian Pay Matrix Table Level 13 to 14
- Civilian Pay Matrix Table Level 15 to 18