DoPT Orders 2018: Allowed to Re-Exercise the Option for Fixation of Pay under FR 22(l)(a)(1)
“Employee shall be allowed to re-exercise/ revise their option for fixation of pay under FR 22(l)(a)(1), within one month from the date of issuance of this OM.”
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 28th August, 2018
Subject: Availability of option for fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment (DNI) in the lower post and method of fixation of pay from DNI, if opted for, in context of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016- clarification – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even number dated 27.07.2017, on the subject cited above. Following the issuance of the OM ibid, this Department has received a number of references seeking clarification on various aspects of the OM ibid. The matter has been considered in this Department in consultation with D/o Expenditure and the points of doubt are clarified as under:
Point of Doubt Clarification
1. The date of applicability of the OM ibid.
Since the OM ibid is in the context of 7th CPC Scenario, it is applicable from 01.01.2016.
2. Whether the employees who have been granted the pay fixation benefit on account of promotion between 01.01.2016 and the date of issuance of the OM ibid i.e. 27.07.2017, would be allowed to re-exercise/ revise their option for fixation of pay under FR 22(l)(a)(1).
Under the changed circumstances, after the issuance of this Department’s OM ibid, the employee shall be allowed to re-exercise/ revise their option for fixation of pay under FR 22(l)(a)(1), within one month from the date of issuance of this OM. Further, the option so revised, shall be final.
2. In so far as their application to the employees belonging to the Indian Audit and Accounts Department is concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
3. Hindi Version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- Exercising of Option for Fixation of Pay – Finmin Clarification
- Option for Fixation of Pay on Promotion from the Date of Next Increment – MoD Orders dt. 22.3.2018
- Option for Pay Fixation in Revised Pay Scale: Confederation
- Allow to Revise Option Exercised under Rule 6 – NC JCM writes to DoPT