Penal Provisions for Violation of Reservation in Promotion
The Central Government officers/officials are governed by Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 and Central Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1965 which have adequate provision to deal with the officers/officials who violate the policy guidelines issued by the Central Government.
Also check: Dopt Orders on Reservation
The Government has issued guidelines from time to time to all Ministries / Departments to strictly observe the reservation policy and other orders relating to representation of reserved categories. Instructions provide that cases of negligence or lapse in the matter of following reservation and other orders relating to the reserved category should be viewed seriously and be brought to the notice of appropriate authorities and suitable action be taken promptly.
As per the guidelines dated 04.01.2013, all Ministries/Departments are required to appoint/nominate Liaison officers at least of the rank of Deputy Secretary and setting up of special Reservation Cell for enforcement of orders of reservation in posts and services of the Central Government.
The DoPT monitors the progress in filling up of backlog vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries/Departments, having more than 90% of the employees in Central Government. Out of these Ministries /Departments, six Ministries/Departments have informed that as on 01.01.2018, 7782 backlog vacancies for SCs, 6903 backlog vacancies for STs and 10859 backlog vacancies for OBCs remained unfilled. Besides the above six, three more Ministries /Departments have informed that as on 01.01.2019, 1713 backlog vacancies for SCs, 2530 backlog vacancies for STs and 1773 backlog vacancies for STs remained unfilled.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Top Developments on Reservation
- Benefits for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) November 29, 2019
- Implementation of Reservation in Public Sector Banks November 20, 2019
- Quota in Reservation for Orthopedically handicapped persons August 20, 2019
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments July 13, 2019
- DoPT Clarification as FAQ on Reservations for Disabled Persons March 28, 2019
- Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre Ordinance, 2019 March 9, 2019
- Revision in the list of Scheduled Tribes of Chhattisgarh February 16, 2019
- Reservation for OBC, SC and ST in Central Universities February 15, 2019
- Inclusion of Castes in OBC Lists February 5, 2019
- Reservation for EWS in Direct Recruitment With Model Roster of Reservation February 2, 2019
- 10% Reservations for EWS in Railway Recruitment January 24, 2019
- 10% Reservation to EWSs in Civil Posts and Services January 22, 2019