Retirement Age Norms May Change for Central Government Employees
“A single factor Retirement Age Norms may change to Two factor norms for Central Government Employees”
“The retirement age of Central Government Employees is now 60 (from 1998). The main and single factor for retirement is now age only. Henceforth, service will also decide the retirement” – Click to read continue…
What is the present retirement age for CG Employees?
Retirement age of Central Government employees (including Railways) is presently 60 years.
When Retirement age increased from 58 to 60?
Click to read continue
Latest updates on retirement age of Central Government employees
“Again a news is circulating in the media that the retirement age for Central Government employees is going to be raised from 60 to 62.”
At present, the retirement age for Central Government employees is 60. There is no factual basis for the news that the government is planning to increase the retirement age for Central Government employees from 60 to 62.
A familiar article about raising the retirement age first published in 2011 are being republished now in some blogs and websites.
We are presenting the following explanation after constant enquiries from our readers about this news.
There might be other reasons behind these rumours on retirement age. The recent wages revision report for the employees of the Central Public Sector Enterprises(CPSE) contain recommendations on retirement age.
But there are no such recommendations in the report of 7th Central Pay Commission for Central Government employees. Big debate also took place in 2015 about the raising the retirement age to 62. That time federations leaders also said that the recommendation on retirement age does not come under the purview of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
The employees have now questioned the changes in the powers of the Pay Commission or Pay Revision Committee that are directly constituted by the Central Government.
Information about retirement age continues to spread like wild fire because the issue is immensely popular among the Central Government employees. Interestingly, the issue of raising the retirement age has as many supporters as detractors.
The retirement age was first increased by the Congress Government under the leadership of Jawaharlal Nehru, in 1962, from 55 to 58. The Vajpayee government, in 1998, increased the retirement age from 58 to 60. [Article first published on 16.3.2017]
Retirement age increased to 59 years in Tamil Nadu
The State Government of Tamil Nadu increased the retirement age from 58 to 59 years with immediate effect. The decision is applicable to all government employees including teachers (Govt-Aided Schools and Colleges) and State Public Undertakings. [Click to read continue]
Latest News on Retirement of CG Employees:
- Age limit of Retirement in Central Government Services – What says FR56..? January 23, 2015
- High Court has justified the retirement age 58 years for government employees January 21, 2015
- Govt proposes raising retirement age of scientists from 60 to 65: Hindustan Times January 16, 2015
- No Decrease or Increase in Retirement Age – Centre clarifies December 19, 2014
- Retirement age issue echoes in Parliament December 18, 2014
- The Motive behind Reducing Retirement Age for Central Government Employees – An Analysis December 15, 2014
- Retirement age 58 to 60 – Bihar decides to increase retirement age of Home Guards December 14, 2014
- Dopt Minister replies in Parliament regarding Retirement age December 12, 2014
- Pre Retirement Counseling Seminar for CG Employees December 10, 2014
- Retirement Age to be Reduced from 60 to 58 for Central Government Employees? December 10, 2014
- Comments for the post of “Government is planning to reduce the retirement age from 60 to 58…” December 6, 2014
- Retirement age of central government employees from the present 60 to 58 November 28, 2014
- Retirement age of Haryana Govt Employees from 60 to 58 November 27, 2014
- Latest news on Retirement Age – Extension in Retirement Age of Scientists November 26, 2014
- Inclusion of eligible officers who are due to retire before the likely date of vacancies, in the panel for promotion November 17, 2014
- Retirement Age 62 – CGEN.in Report on the reply of Dopt Minister… July 19, 2014
- No Proposal regarding raising the retirement age before the Government July 16, 2014
- Retirement Age from 58 to 60 – Retirement Age hike in Andhra Pradesh June 26, 2014
- Retirement Age 60 to 62 : Cabinet enhances retirement age of teaching faculties to 62 June 24, 2014
- J&K Employees Retirement Age hiked to 60, on par with Central Government Staff June 13, 2014
- 65 as Retirement Age: Employees Demand Becomes Electoral Manifesto Issue April 11, 2014
- Grant of compassionate appointment to the wards in Railways – Railway Board reply March 20, 2014
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement Age 62 – High hopes fading due to announcement of election dates… March 5, 2014
- 50% Merger of DA and Retirement Age 62 – No discussion in the Cabinet Meeting March 1, 2014
- Merger of D.A., 7th CPC ToR and Raising Retirement age 62–Cabinet will decide today..! February 28, 2014
- Voluntary retirement under FR 56(k), etc. and amendment of Rules February 27, 2014
- Cabinet may approve retirement age from 60 to 62 to Central Govt Employees… February 27, 2014
- Retirement Age 62 and 10% DA from Jan 2014 – Cabinet expected to clear on Friday (28.202014) February 26, 2014
- All set to hike central retirement age to 62 years February 19, 2014
- Latest news on Retirement Age to 62 – Proposal for raising Retirement Age to 62 waits for Cabinet Nod February 17, 2014
- Will the Retirement age of central government employees go up from 60 to 62? February 10, 2014
- Retirement Age for Central Government employees to enhance by two years from 60 to 62..! February 9, 2014
- Parliamentary panel urged to raise the retirement age to 65 years… February 8, 2014
- EPFO to consider retirement age raising to 60 years February 2, 2014
- Retirement Age 62, Merger of DA, Scrapping of NPS, inclusion of federation leaders in 7th CPC etc. – Memorandum submitted to PM January 8, 2014
- Retirement age vary from country to country… January 3, 2014
- Timely payment of dues of encashment of leave to Government servants retiring on attaining the age of superannuation… October 25, 2013