7th Pay Commission Leave – Seeking Formal and Informal Clarifications
What is WRIIL Leave?
WRIIL is a new leave, it’s the full form is ‘Work Related Illness and Injury Leave’. It may be granted who suffers illness or injury in their official duties.
Department of Personnel and Training issued order on 30th August 2019 regarding the subject of amendments in CCS Leave Rules after implementation of 7th Pay Commission.
First read the earlier office memorandum published by the DoPT on 11th December 2018. [Click to read the order]
Child Care Leave (CCL)
With the amendment of Rule 43-C relating to Child Care Leave (CCL), following changes have been made:-
(a) CCL may be granted at 100% of the leave salary for the first 365 days and 80% of the leave salary for the next 365 days.
(b) CCL may be extended to single male parents who may include unmarried or widower or divorcee employees.
(c) For single female Government servants, the CCL may be granted for six spells in a calendar year. However, for other eligible Government servants, it will continue to be granted for a maximum of 3 spells in a calendar year.
Work Related Illness and Injury Leave (WRIIL)
“Special Disability Leave for injury intentionally inflicted” under Rule 44 has been substituted by a new Leave named “Work Related Illness and Injury Leave (WRIIL)” which may be granted to a Government servant (whether permanent or temporary), who suffers illness or injury that is attributable to or aggravated in the performance of her or his official duties or in consequence of her or his official position.
Hot Check: Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator
With the introduction of WRIIL, “Special Disability Leave for accidental injury” (under Rule 45) and Hospital Leave (under Rule 46) have been deleted. WRIIL has following provisions:-
(a) Full pay and allowances will be granted to all. employees during the entire period of hospitalization on account of WRILL.
(b) Beyond hospitalization, WRIIL will be governed as follows:
- Government servants (other than military officers) will be paid full pay and allowances for the 6 months immediately following hospitalization and Half Pay only for 12 months beyond that period. The Half Pay period may be commuted to full pay with corresponding number of days of HPL debited from the employee’s leave account.
- For officers of the Central Armed Police Forces (GAFF), full pay and allowances will be paid for the 6 months immediately following hospitalization, and full pay only for the next 24 months.
- Personnel below the rank of officers of GAFF will be paid full pay and allowances, with no limit regarding the period of leave.
- In the case of persons to whom the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 applies, the amount of leave salary payable under WRIIL shall be reduced by the amount of compensation payable under the Act.
- No EL or HPL will be credited during the period that employee is on WRIIL.
Government servants serving in a Vacation Department have been allowed Earned Leave in place of Half Pay Leave by amending Rule 28 and Rule 29.