An error found in a booklet of “Know Your Retirement Benefits” published by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare about date of applicability for pension.
DoPPW Corrigendum Office Order – Error in Booklet of “Know Your Retirement Benefits” – Who is eligible for Pension?
The DoPPW has published a corrigendum office order [Click to view the order] on 16.12.2019 to rectify the error about date of applicability for pension.
Also check: Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
As per the content of order, the DoPPW had published a booklet entitled “Know Your Retirement Benefits” for general awareness of retiring Government Employees. It is noticed that a printing mistake has crept in on the first page wherein it is printed that “WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR PENSION“.
A Central Government employee who joined in pensionable service prior to 01-04-2014″. Whereas the date mentioned above should have been 01-01-2004.
It is accordingly requested that the words and figures “prior to 01-01-2004” in place of “prior to 01-04-2014” may be substituted in the first sentence at page 1 of the above publication. Similar correction may also be read in the Hindi version published at page 1 of Hindi part of the book.
Central Civil Services Pension Rules
Who is eligible for pension?
A Central Government servant appointed in a pensionable establishment on or before 31.12.2003 and retires from Government service with a qualifying service of 10 years or more is eligible for pension.
What is the amount of minimum and maximum pension after 7th Pay Commission?
The pension shall not be less than Rs. 9000 (excluding the element of additional pension to old pensioners) and shall not be more than 50% of the highest pay in Government i.e Rs. 1,25,000 w.e.f. 01.01.2016.
Latest Updates for Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Guaranteed Minimum Pension Up to Rs. 5000 under APY Scheme November 26, 2019
- Removal of ambiguity in fixation of pay of re-employed ex-servicemen and grant of the same benefit extended to POBR October 17, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News for Pensioners: Relaxation to Submit Life Certificate for Senior Pensioners October 12, 2019
- 4 Fold Enhanced in Monetary Assistance for Battle Casualties October 10, 2019
- Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners Form as per 7th Pay Commission October 6, 2019