Retirement age of transport employees will be reduced to 58: Minister informs Assembly
Transport Minister Sivashankar recently announced that the retirement age for transport corporation drivers and conductors in Tamil Nadu will be reduced from 60 to 58. This decision was made after a study conducted in Chennai workshops revealed that many drivers and conductors suffer from infectious diseases due to long working hours and prefer to retire earlier.
The Chief Minister has given approval for this change, which will be implemented soon. During a Legislative Assembly debate on the transport department’s subsidy request, members of the AIADMK party criticized the current transport corporations and pointed out employment disparities during DMK and AIADMK rule. However, Minister Sivashankar assured the sector is progressing and reaffirmed the government’s commitment to revitalizing schemes.
Top Links Related to Retirement Age:
- Retirement Date Calculator for Central Government Employees
- First Retirement Virtual Function in Railways on 31 August 2020
- First Time Retirement function is conducting through Video Conferencing on 31.7.2020
- Tamil Nadu Govt Employees Retirement Age Notification – Amendment Order 1.6.2020
- Retention in Government Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service
- Retirement age increased to 59 years in Tamil Nadu
- Retirement of Government Servants on 31st March 2020 – Clarification order issued by DoPT
- Premature Retirement in Central Government – DoPT
- Retirement age increased to 60 for RTC employees
Leave a Reply