Maternity Leave increased to 270 Days for Women Employees – TN Govt issued orders
Tamil Nadu Fundamental Rules – Rule 101(a) – Maternity Leave – Enhancement of maternity leave from 6 months (180 days) to 9 months (270 days) – Orders issued
PERSONNEL AND ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS (FR.III) DEPARTMENT
1. G.O.(Ms.) No.51, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (FR-III) Department, dated 16.05.2011.
2. G.O.(Ms.) No.61, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (FR-III) Department, dated 16.06.2011.
3. G.O.(Ms.) No.138, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (FR-IV) Department, dated 19.11.2013.
In the Government orders first and second read above, orders were issued enhancing the maternity leave from 90 days to 180 days to married women Government servants, with less than two surviving children, which may be spread over from the pre-confinement rest to post-confinement recuperation, with full pay, at the option of the women Government Servant. Accordingly, in the Government Order third read above, Rule 101(a) of the Fundamental Rules was also amended.
2. The Government, after careful consideration, based on the announcement made in the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly by the Hon’ble Chief Minister on 01.09.2016, under rule 110 of the Legislative Assembly Rules order that the maternity leave admissible to married women Government Servants with less than two surviving children, which is 6 months (180 days) at present, be enhanced to 9 months (270 days), with full pay, which may be spread over from the pre-confinement rest to post-confinement recuperation, with full pay, at the option of the women Government Servant.
The women Government Servants who proceeded on maternity leave, prior to the date of issue of this order and continue to be on that leave as of now, are also eligible for availing maternity leave upto 9 months (270 days), in total.
3. Necessary amendments to the Fundamental Rules will be issued separately.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Reference orders: G.O.(Ms.) No.51, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (FR-III) Department, dated 16.05.2011.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
k ganesan says
நான் தொகுப்பு ஊதியத்தில் பணியாற்றி வருகிறேன். எனக்கு மகப்பேறு விடுப்பு உண்“டா,? இல்லையா?
k ganesan says
I am consolidated pay servants, maternity leave eligible or ineligible
சகோதரி ஒருவருக்கு இரண்டாவது ஆண் குழந்தை அறுவை சிகிச்சை மூலம் அரசு மருத்துவமனையில்பிறந்தது . ஒரு மாதம் கழித்து குழந்தை சிகிச்சை பலனின்றி இறந்துவிட்டது. மகப்பேறு விடுப்பு சகோதரி அவர்களுக்கு உண்டா?
Since it is first delivery is completed maternity leave should be given, but CCL can not be given. More over aborson is allowed surely it is eligible. She may be allowed next two deliveries also.
I have 2 daughters. They born before I got government job..After getting gob. I have a boy now..I took 88 days leave but it consider as as leave and lose of pay..Is it correct?
Dear sir /madam,
I am a mother of two male children and I have delivered a baby girl. Am I eligible for the nine months maternity leave.
If first delivered was twin children now the maternity leave will be given.
I had birth one male child at second delivery by ceasarian but the child death in two days after birth. How many days leave can eligible for me.?
In the name of maternity leave is eligible for 270 days from the leave applied but the increment will be eligible after your joining duty. After that period Child care leave will not eligible..