Maternity Leave to Defence Civilian female Industrial Employees
The Bharatiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh (BPMS) wrote a letter to the Secretary of Defence Ministry seeking clarification regarding the quantum of maternity leave available to female industrial employees governed by the Factories Act, 1948. In the letter, the BPMS requested the Secretary to provide a clear and concise explanation of the maternity leave entitlements of female employees working in factories. The request was made in light of the fact that there have been numerous instances of confusion and ambiguity with regard to this matter in the past. As such, the BPMS believes that it is of utmost importance to clarify the quantum of maternity leave that female industrial employees are entitled to under the Factories Act, 1948, to ensure that the rights and welfare of such employees are protected.
Bharatiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh
(AN ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF DEFENCE WORKERS)
(AN INDUSTRIAL UNIT OF B.M.S.)
(RECOGNISED BY MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, GOVT. OF INDIA)
CENTRAL OFFICE : 2-A, NAVIN MARKET, KANPUR-1
REF: BPMS / MoL&E / Leave / 57 (7/3/L)
Govt of India, Min of Defence,
South Block, New Delhi — 110011
Subject: Clarification regarding the quantum of maternity Leave to female Industrial Employees governed by the Factories Act, 1948
With due regards, it is submitted that the subject matter was raised by this federation’s letter of even number dated 12.09.2019 and in turn vide MoD Id. No. 01(01/2010/D(Civ-ll), dated 04.11.2019 (copy enclosed) the action was initiated by MoD. But the matter is still unresolved.
Therefore, you are requested to expedite the matter.
General Secretary/BPMS &
Member, JCM-II Level Council (MOD)
Copy to: The Under Secretary D(JCM), MoD, New Delhi
– Kindly arrange a meeting with the concerned authorities.
More updates on Maternity Leave:
- Maternity Benefits to the Women Employees July 25, 2019
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks June 3, 2019
- FAQ on Maternity Leave : Can Casual Leaves be combined with Maternity leaves? May 11, 2019
- Amendment in Maternity Benefit (Mines and Circus) Amendment Rules – Gazette Notification April 4, 2019
- Clarification Regarding Maternity Leave Incentive Scheme November 23, 2018
- Maternity Leave and Child Care Leave to Women Employees August 12, 2018
- Gazette Notification on Gratuity: Amount, Effective Date and Maternity Leave March 30, 2018
- Maternity Leave and Pension March 21, 2018
- Women Government employees commissioning Surrogacy to get maternity leave February 12, 2018
- Delhi High Court order on maternity leave in case of surrogacy – Dopt Orders January 31, 2018
- Clarification on Recently Notified Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017 May 8, 2017
- Woman employees may be granted Maternity Leave of two months – CGDA April 24, 2017
- Maternity Benefit Bill passed in Parliament – Maternity Leave 26 weeks for working women March 10, 2017
What is Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees?
Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees is a special leave given to female employees who are pregnant and about to give birth.
How long is the Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees?
Typically, the Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees is 98 days or 14 weeks.
Is the Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees paid leave?
Yes, the Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees is a paid leave. Employees are entitled to receive their full salary during the leave period.
Who is eligible for Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees?
Any female employee who works in an industrial setting and has worked for at least 80 days in the past 12 months is eligible for the Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees.
Can an employee take Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees before the birth of the child?
No, Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees can only be taken after the birth of the child. However, the employee can take a maximum of one month of prenatal leave before the birth of the child.
What if an employee gets pregnant again after already availing Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees?
If an employee gets pregnant again after already availing Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees, they are still entitled to the full Maternity Leave for Female Industrial Employees for their subsequent pregnancy.