DA for Bank Employees from Nov 2023 to Jan 2023 – IBA Circular PDF
The Indian Bank Association (IBA) has recently announced a significant increase in the Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees and officers. Effective from November 2023 to January 2024, the DA will be raised by 4.27% from the current rate of 44.24% to 48.51%. This marks the largest increase in DA for bank workers in the past 24 months. The announcement was made following the immediate release of the AICPIN for September 2023 by the IBA. This news is undoubtedly welcomed by all bank employees, officers, and workmen alike.
Indian Banks’ Association
HR & Industrial Relations
November 1, 2023
All Members of the Association
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Dearness Allowance for Workmen and Officer Employees in banks for the months of November, December 2023, and January 2024 under XI BPS/ 8th Joint Note dated 11.11.2020
The confirmed All India Average Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers (Base 1960=100) for the quarter ended September 2022 are as follows:-
July 2022: 9183.68
August 2022: 9150.81
September 2022: 9039.06
The average CPI of the above is 9124 and accordingly, the number of DA slabs are 693 (6352 – 2772/4 = 693 Slabs). The last quarterly Payment of DA was at 632 Slabs. Hence, there is an increase in DA slabs of ‘61’ i.e. 693 Slabs for payment of DA for the months November, December 2023 and January 2024.
In terms of clause 7 of the 11th Bipartite Settlement dated 11.11.2020 and clause 3 of the Joint Note dated 11.11.2020, the rate of Dearness Allowance payable to Workmen and Officer employees for the months of November, December 2023 and January 2024 shall be 48.51% of ‘pay’. While arriving at dearness allowance payable, decimals from third place may please be ignored.
Senior Advisor (HR&IR)
Expected Bank DA from Feb 2024 – Click To Calculate
- Great News for Bank Employees! DA Hiked by 4.27% from Nov 2023 – IBA Circular Issued!
- Bank Dearness Allowance 44.24% – 632 Slabs for Employees (2023)
- 41.16% DA for Bank Employees from Feb 2023
- DA from November to January 2023 to Bank Employees – Orders issued
- Dearness Relief to Bank Pensioners from August 2022
- DA for Bank Employees from August 2022 – IBA DA Circular on 1.8.2022
- DA to Bank Employees from August to October 2021
- Dearness Relief (1229.45%) to Bank Pensioners from August 2021
- Dearness Allowance for Bank Employees from May to July 2021 – IBA Circular
- DA for Bank Employees from November 2020