Grant of Child Care Leave to women Government employees – Clarification issued by DOPT
G.I., Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.No.13018/2/2008-Estt.(L), dated 29.9.2008
Grant of Child Care Leave to women Government employees – Clarification
The undersigned is directed to refer to para 1(c) of this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 11th September, 2008 according to which Child Care Leave can be granted to women employees having minor children below the age of 18 years, for a maximum period of 2 years (i.e. 730 days) during their entire service, for taking care of upto two children whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like examination, sickness etc. The question as to whether child care leave would be admissible for the third child below the age of 18 years and the procedure for grant of child care leave have been under consideration in this Department, and it has now been decided as follows:-
- Child Care Leave shall be admissible for two eldest surviving children only.
- The leave account for child care leave shall be maintained in the proforma enclosed, and it shall be kept along with the Service Book of the Government servant concerned.
List of other reference orders issued by DOPT
- Introduction of Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees – Dopt Orders issued on 11.9.2008
- Grant of Child Care Leave to women Government employees – Clarification issued by DOPT
- CCL cannot be demanded as a matter of right – Dopt
- Deduction of Child Care Leave – Confusion clarified by Dopt on 2.12.2008
- Dopt delete the condition of ‘No EL’ at her credit for Child Care Leave
- Clarification as FAQ by DOPT on Child Care Leave
- Permit Child Care Leave to women employees with disabled children upto the age of 22 years – Dopt Orders on 3.3.2010
- Minimum Period of 15 days for availing CCL – Removal order issued by DOPT on 5.6.2014