Disappointing Outcome of Meeting with Group of Senior Officers – Confederation
“the time frame of four months is almost over, the urgency and seriousness was lacking on the part of the Group of officers. It seems that that Government is adopting a delaying tactics or to deny the assured increase. Perhaps, they may recommend an increase in minimum pay and fitment formula at a later date, but it is quite uncertain.”
CIRCULAR DATED 26TH OCTOBER 2016
REVISION OF MINIMUM PAY AND FITMENT FORMULA
2ND MEETING OF THE GROUP OF SENIOR OFFICERS WITH JCM (NC) STAFF SIDE
2nd Meetings of the Group of Senior Officers (Constituted as per the assurance given by Group of Minister to NJCA) to discuss the grievances arising out of recommendations related to 7th Central Pay Commission, was held with JCM (NC) staff side on 24.10.2016 at 4 PM. The staff side explained in detail the justification for modification in the minimum pay and fitment formula, which was already explained in the memorandum submitted to Cabinet Secretary on 10th December 2015 and also in the presentation made before Joint Secretary Implementation Cell and Empowered Committee of Secretaries headed by Cabinet Secretary.
From the response of the Senior Officers, it is not clear whether they are mandated to submit a proposal on increasing the Minimum Pay and Fitment formula to Government, as assured by the Group of Ministers on 30th June 2016.
Even though, the time frame of four months is almost over, the urgency and seriousness was lacking on the part of the Group of officers.
It seems that that Government is adopting a delaying tactics or to deny the assured increase. Perhaps, they may recommend an increase in minimum pay and fitment formula at a later date, but it is quite uncertain.
Confederation National Secretariat after reviewing these developments has decided to intensify the campaign and agitational programmes demanding the Government to honour its assurance given to NJCA leadership and also to settle the 20 point charter of demands.
Make the 7th November 2016 mass dharna programme a grand success. Ensure maximum participation of employees in the 15th December 2016 massive Parliament March. Get ready for strike.
ALLOWANCE COMMITTEE MEETING ON DOP&T SPECIFIC ALLOWANCES
Meeting of the Allowance Committee to discuss the DOP&T Specific allowances was held on 25.10.2016. Secretary, Department of Personnel Chaired the meeting. Important allowances like Children Education Allowance, Night Duty Allowance, Overtime Allowance, Cash Handling Allowance, Dress Allowance, Nursing Allowance, Patient Care Allowance, Family planning Allowance, Risk Allowance etc. are discussed.
The Secretary, Department of Personnel gave a patient hearing and interacted with staff side on certain points. No commitment on any allowance was given.
JCM NATIONAL COUNCIL – STANDING COMMITTEE MEETING
The JCM (NC) Standing Committee meeting under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Personnel was held on 25.10.2016. All agenda items were discussed. Some of the items are – JCM functioning, Compassionate appointments, amendment to the definition of anomaly, Changing MACP conditions, Ex-Servicemen pay fixation, Pay fixation option on promotion after the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules 2016, GDS bonus enhancement to 7000/-, casual labour regularization and bonus enhancement, filling up of vacancies, upgradation of LDCs to UDCs, one time relaxation of LTC-80 availed by air by purchasing tickets from other than authorized agents, Restoration of Festival Advance, Natural Calamity Advance and Advance of leave salary, grant of entry pay recommended by 6th CPC to the promotes, reimbursement of actual medical expenditure incurred by the employees in a recognised hospital etc.
Secretary, Department of Personnel gave a patient hearing and clarified certain points. No final decision was taken on any of the agenda items. Gist published below. Minutes will be published later.
It was informed that based on the discussion, each item will be examined further and decision will be taken.
AUTONOMOUS BODIES – EXTENSION OF 7TH CPC REVISED PAY STRUCTURE AND PENSIONARY BENEFITS
The issue was raised in the JCM Standing Committee meeting held on 25.10.2016 by the staff side. The official side informed that an overall review regarding the performance and financial viability etc. of each Autonomous body is being carried out by the Government.
Only after completing the process decision regarding extension of 7th CPC revised pay structure and pensionary benefits, Bonus etc. will be taken.
Extension of the benefits depends upon the policy decision of the Government. Hence the official side has not told any time frame for final decision. It is likely to be delayed.
Confederation has already included the demands of the employees of the autonomous bodies in its 20 point charter of demands.
All Unions/Associations/Federation and employees of all autonomous bodies are requested to understand the gravity of the situation and make the 7th November 2016 mass dharna programme and 15th December 2016 Parliament March a grand success.
Join the Parliament March with your flags, banners and placard with demands. Let the Government understand the discontentment and protest of employees and pensioners of Autonomous bodies.
There is no short-cut to get our justified demand accepted by the Government.
GDS BONUS ENHANCEMENT TO 7000
This issue was discussed in the JCM Standing Committee meeting as a notified agenda. The official side informed that the file is still under process in the Finance Ministry and a decision is yet to be taken.
Once the approval of the Finance Ministry is given the proposal is to be submitted to Cabinet for approval.
All affiliates and C-O-Cs are once again requested to extend full support and solidarity to the proposed Postal Strike on 9th & 10th November 2016, demanding bonus calculation ceiling limit enhancement to 7000/- for GDS and immediate payment of revised wages to casual labourers from 01.01.2006.
Conduct solidarity demonstration in front of important Postal/RMS office on 9th & 10th November 2016.
GIST OF THE JCM STANDING COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 25.11.2016
Meeting was held under the chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Personnel. Items discussed and outcome is given below.
1. JCM FUNCTIONING : Decision: After discussion Secretary (P), assured that the JCM would be activated and steps may be taken to hold regular meetings of JCM at National and Departmental level.
2. COMPASSIONATE APPOINTMENT: Decision: The demand of the staff side to remove 5% ceiling would be considered after studying the various. Supreme Court Judgments and the decisions of previous National Council JCM meetings.
3. RESTORATION OF INTEREST FREE ADVANCES WITHDRAWN BY THE GOVERNMENT BASED ON 7TH CPC RECOMMENDATIONS: Decision: The demand of the staff side to restore Festival advance, Natural Calamity advance and leave salary advance will be examined further.
4. AMENDMENT TO THE DEFINITION OF THE TERM “ANOMALY” Decision: The proposal given by the staff side would be considered is consultation with Department of Expenditure.
5. FIXATION OF PAY OF RE-EMPLOYED EX-SERVICEMEN: Decision: – The anomalies in the fixation of pay of re-employed Ex-Servicemen is under consideration of DOP&T.
6. OPTION FOR THOSE TO BE PROMOTED AFTER 25.07.2016, I.E. AFTER THE NOTIFICATION OF CS (REVISED PAY) RULES 2016: Decision: – This issue would be considered by the Implementation Cell of 7th CPC.
7. WITHDRAWL OF NEW CONDITIONS FOR THE GRANT OF MACP & GRANT OF MACP ON PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY: Decision: The demand of the Staff Side for withdrawal of “Very Good” grading would be re-examined. Regarding justification of MACP on Promotional hierarchy all the points submitted alongwith the Note on agenda items by staff side was discussed in detail. The official side agreed to examine issue further based on the points raised by the staff side.
8. BONUS CEILING TO BE RAISED TO 7000 FOR GRAMIN DAK SEVAK EMPLOYEES OF POSTAL DEPARTMENT: Decision: – Revision of Bonus ceiling for GDS and Casual Labourers would be considered by Department of Expenditure.
9. REGULARISATION OF CASUAL LABOURERS : Decision: The proposal of the staff side for regularization of all casual labourers would be considered after considering various Supreme Court judgements.
10. FILLING UP OF EXISTING VACANT POSTS: Decision: – Since there is no ban on recruitment, vacancies can be filled up. Instructions in this regard will be issued once again.
11. UPGRADATION OF THE POSTS OF LOWER DIVISION CLERKS TO UPPER DIVISION CLERKS : Decision: The demand of the staff side would be considered in consultation with other Ministries.
12. GRANT OF ONE TIME RELAXATION TO THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE AVAILED LTC-80 AND TRAVELLED BY AIR BY PURCHASING TICKETS FROM OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED AGENCIES : Decision: – The proposal of Ministry of Defence in this regard is under examination of DOP&T
13. GRANT OF ENTRY PAY RECOMMENDED BY 6TH CPC TO THE PROMOTEES UNDER THE PROVISION OF CCS (RP) RULES 2008. : Decision: – The Judgment of Chennai CAT and Principal Bench New Delhi would be examined by DOP&T and Department of Expenditure.
14. REIMBURSEMENT OF ACTUAL MEDICAL EXPENDITURE INCURRED BY THE EMPLOYEES IN A RECOGNIZED HOSPITAL.: Decision: – A separate meeting would be held by the Health Ministry with the staff side to discuss this demand.
Some more items related to Ministry of Defence was also discussed.
E-mail: [email protected]