Pay fixation rules have been changed after implementation of the 7th pay commission. The new rules adopted to all categories of Central Government employees will be regulated as per Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules 2016.
Pay Fixation in the New Pay Structure as per 7th Pay Commission
Initial Pay Fixation: When an employee joining in Central Government Services, the initial pay fixation has been done for determining first month salary. The new pay fixation on initial as per rule 7 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016.
Pay Fixation on Promotion: When an employee gets promotion his pay will be fixed as per the method of calculation prescribed by the rule 13 of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules.
Pay Fixation on Increment: When an employee eligible for annual or promotional increment, his pay will be fixed as per the latest revised pay rules.
Pay Fixation on Pay Commission: When an employee in service, new pay commission recommendations is eligible for him and his pay will be revised as per the recommendations of new pay commission
Fitment Benefit (1.86) Calculation in 6th CPC – Click to read detailed report
7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Recommendations
Method of Pay Fixation as per 7th CPC
- Point 1: Multiple current basic pay (as on 31.12.2015) with fitment factor of 2.57 and rounded off to next rupee
- Point 2: Find the Pay Matrix Level accordance with the Grad Pay
- Point 3: Match the value of Point 1 with the eligible Pay Matrix Level pay hierarchy (equal or higher value)
- Point 4: The selected value is the revised pay as on 1.1.2016
Pay Fixation Example
An employee ‘T’ in GP 4200, drawing pay of Rs. 20,000 in PB-2. The Basic Pay is Rs. 24,200 (20,000+4200). After multiplying by 2.57, the amount fetched viz., Rs. 62,194 would have been located in Level 6 and T’s pay would have been fixed in Level 6 at Rs. 62,200.
Fitment Factor for CG Employees
Uniform Fitment factor of 2.57 is being proposed to be applied uniformly for all employees. It includes a factor of 2.25 on account of DA neutralisation, assuming that the rate of Dearness Allowance would be 125 percent at the time of implementation of the new pay. [Para 5.1.27 in 7th CPC Report]
Fitment Factor for Defence Personnel
The starting point of a Sepoy (and equivalent), the entry level personnel in the defence forces, has been fixed in the Defence Pay Matrix at Rs.21,700. The fitment in the new matrix is essentially a multiple factor of 2.57. This multiple is the ratio of the new minimum pay arrived at by the Commission (Rs.18,000) and the existing minimum pay (Rs.7,000). The fitment factor is being applied uniformly to all employees. An identical fitment of 2.57 has also been applied to the existing rates of Military Service Pay (MSP), applicable to defence forces personnel only [Para 5.2.7 in 7th CPC Report]
Fixation of Pay on promotion in 7th Pay Commission
Staff Side suggestion
Fixation of Pay on promotion : In the case of Promotion from one grade to another in the revised pay structure, the fixation is presently done as under:-
(a) One increment equal to 3% of the sum of the Pay in Pay Band and Grade Pay will be computed and rounded off to the multiple of 10. This will be added to the existing Pay in the Pay Band.
(b) However, the Pay so fixed must not be less than the minimum of the Pay Band to which he is promoted.
Staff Side suggestion in detail – Click to read full story
Rationalisation Applied in the Present Pay Structure
7th CPC Pay Fixation Tables
Pay Fixed on the Date of Promotion or Date of Next Increment
Ready reckoner table for fixation of pay on promotion
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 1 to 2
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 2 to 3
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 2 to 4
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 4 to 5
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 5 to 6
7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Calculators
Top developments on pay fixation
7th Pay Commission Other Topics
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission DA Rates Table
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Scheme
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Increment
- 7th Pay Commission House Rent Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Classification of Posts
- 7th Pay Commission LTC Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Leave Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission House Building Advance
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Table
- 7th Pay Commission Advances
- 7th Pay Commission CGEGIS
- 7th Pay Commission Risk & Hardship Allowances