Revision of Provisional Pension Sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules – DoPT Orders
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi–110001
Dated the 18th April, 2018
The Chief Secretaries of all the
State Governments and UTs.
Subject: Revision of Provisional Pension Sanctioned Under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
I am directed to refer to the Department of Pension and Pensioner Welfare’s OM No.38/49/16-P&PW(A) dated 12th February, 2018 (copy enclosed) regarding “Revision of Provisional pension”.
2. The applicability of the provisions of the aforesaid OM regarding grant of Provisional Pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 has been considered by this Department and it has been decided to make the provisions of the aforesaid Office Memorandum of Department of Pension and Pensioner Welfare regarding “Revision of Provisional Pension” applicable, mutatis-mutandis, to the All India Service Pensioners to whom provisional pension was sanctioned under Rule 6 of All India Service(Death-Cum Retirement-Benefits) Rules, 1958.
Under Secretary to Government of India
No. 38/49/16-P&PW (A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 12th February, 2018
Sub:- Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
The undersigned is directed to say that in implementation of the decision taken on the recommendation of the 7th CPC, orders were issued vide this Departments OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) (ii) dated 04.08.2016 for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2016 by multiplying the pre-revised pension/family pension by a factor of 2.57. Subsequently, vide OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12.05.2017, it has been decided that the pension/family pension of all Central civil pensioners/family pensioners, who retired/died prior to 01.01.2016, may be revised w.e.f. 01.01.2016 by notionally fixing their pay in the pay matrix recommended by the 7th CPC in the level corresponding to the pay in the pay scale/pay band and grade pay at which they retired/died.
2. Instructions were issued vide this Departments OM of even number dated 30.11.2016 for extending the benefit of OM dated 4.8.2016 to the following categories of pensioners drawing provisional pension under Rule-69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
(i) Retired before 1.1.2016 and sanctioned provisional pension under Rule-69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules on account of departmental/judicial proceedings or suspension.
(ii) Suspended before 1.1.2016 and sanctioned provisional pension, based on their pre-revised pay under Rule-69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules on retirement on or after 1.1.2016.
3. It has now been decided that provisional pension sanctioned in the above cases may be revised w.e.f. 1.1.2016 in accordance with the instructions contained in this Departments OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12th May, 2017. Higher of the two formulations i.e. OM dated 4.8.2016 or OM dated 12.5.2017 would be the revised provisional pension w.e.f. 1.1.2016 in such cases.
4. This issues with the approval of Department of Expenditure. Ministry of Finance ID No.1(21)/E-V/2016 dated 15.01.2018.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply