Posting of Gov’t Employees w/ Mentally Retarded Children – DoPT
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has issued a notification regarding the posting of Government employees who have children with mental disabilities. The notification states that such employees should be given priority in terms of location and department of their posting, taking into consideration the needs of their child. This decision has been taken to ensure that these employees are able to balance their work and caregiving responsibilities effectively. The DoPT has emphasized the importance of creating a supportive and inclusive work environment for all employees, including those with dependents who require specialized care.
Posting of Central Government Employees
Posting of husband and wife at the same station
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
New Delhi, 15th February, 1991
Subject: Posting of Government employees who have mentally retarded children.
The undersigned is directed to say that there has been a demand that an employed parent of a mentally retarded child should be given posting at a place of his/her choice. This demand has been made on the plea that facilities of medical aid and education of such children does require special care and patience and is expensive. Hence some concessions from the Government at least in matters of posting at a place of choice is called for.
2. The matter has been examined. Considering that the facilities for medical help and education of mentally retarded children may not be available at all stations, a choice in the place of posting is likely to be of some help to the parent in taking care of such a child. While administratively it may not be possible in all cases to ensure posting of such an employee at a place of his/her choice. Ministries/Departments are requested to take a sympathetic view on the merits of each case and accommodate such requests for posting to the extent possible.
Other important orders…
- Dopt orders on framing a Transfer Policy in all cadres
- Status of implementation of the Supreme Court judgement dated 31.10.2013 in WP(Civil) No. 82/2011
- Posting of Husband and Wife at the Same Station – DoPT Orders dt.30.9.2009
- Posting of physically handicapped candidates – DoPT Orders dt.13.03.2002
- Posting of husband and wife at the same station – DoPT Orders dt.12.06.1997
- Posting of Government employees who have mentally retarded children – DoPT Orders
- Posting of physically Handicapped Candidates – DoPT Orders dt.10.05.1990
- Posting of husband and wife at the same station – DoPT Orders dt. 3.4.1986
What is the DoPT Orders regarding posting of Govt Employees with mentally retarded children?
The DoPT Orders provide guidelines for posting Govt Employees who have mentally retarded children as per their requirements.
Is there any special provision for posting available to Govt Employees with mentally retarded children?
Yes, the DoPT Orders provide special provision for posting of Govt Employees with mentally retarded children, considering the needs of their children.
How can Govt Employees with mentally retarded children avail posting benefits?
They need to follow the guidelines provided in the DoPT Orders and submit the requisite documents to the concerned authority for availing special provision benefits.
Are there any eligibility criteria for Govt Employees to avail posting benefits?
Yes, Govt Employees need to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the DoPT Orders.
Can Govt Employees with mentally retarded children avail posting benefits in any department?
No, they need to approach the concerned department and fulfill the eligibility criteria to avail the posting benefits as per the guidelines provided in the DoPT Orders.