Posting of Government employees who have mentally retarded children – DoPT Orders
Posting of Central Government Employees
Posting of husband and wife at the same station
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
New Delhi, 15th February, 1991
Subject: Posting of Government employees who have mentally retarded children.
The undersigned is directed to say that there has been a demand that an employed parent of a mentally retarded child should be given posting at a place of his/her choice. This demand has been made on the plea that facilities of medical aid and education of such children does require special care and patience and is expensive. Hence some concessions from the Government at least in matters of posting at a place of choice is called for.
2. The matter has been examined. Considering that the facilities for medical help and education of mentally retarded children may not be available at all stations, a choice in the place of posting is likely to be of some help to the parent in taking care of such a child. While administratively it may not be possible in all cases to ensure posting of such an employee at a place of his/her choice. Ministries/Departments are requested to take a sympathetic view on the merits of each case and accommodate such requests for posting to the extent possible.
Other important orders…
- Dopt orders on framing a Transfer Policy in all cadres
- Status of implementation of the Supreme Court judgement dated 31.10.2013 in WP(Civil) No. 82/2011
- Posting of Husband and Wife at the Same Station – DoPT Orders dt.30.9.2009
- Posting of physically handicapped candidates – DoPT Orders dt.13.03.2002
- Posting of husband and wife at the same station – DoPT Orders dt.12.06.1997
- Posting of Government employees who have mentally retarded children – DoPT Orders
- Posting of physically Handicapped Candidates – DoPT Orders dt.10.05.1990
- Posting of husband and wife at the same station – DoPT Orders dt. 3.4.1986