Payment of Wages to Outsourced Persons of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
F. No. 23(4)/E.Coord/2020/1
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 20th May, 2020
Subject: Payment of Wages to Outsourced Persons of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19.
As a measure to avoid undue hardship during lockdown period to the contractual, casual and outsource staff of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India, instructions were issued by Department of Expenditure [DoE] vide OM of even no. dated 23/03/2020 that any contractual, casual and outsource staff, who are required to stay at home in view of the lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, shall be treated as “on duty” during such period of absence and necessary pay/wages would be paid accordingly.
2. These instructions also applies to all the Attached/Subordinate Office, Autonomous/ Statutory Bodies of Government of India and was valid upto 30th April, 2020.
3. The lockdown period has since been extended from time to time and as per MHA’s order dated 17/05/2020 the lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 have been extended upto 31.05.2020. Accordingly, the validity of DoE’s instructions issued vide OM dated 23/03/2020 is hereby extended till 31st May, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
Dopt Orders on Lockdown Period:
- 20 May 2020: Exemption from Duty in Lockdown Period for Central Govt Employees – Dopt
- 3 April 2020: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 – Guidelines for PSUs and Financial Institutions – Dopt
- 31 March 2020: Retirement of Government Servants on 31st March 2020 – Clarification order issued by DoPT
- 30 March 2020: Counting of the limitation period for the diverse purposes under CCS (CCA) Rules 1965, CCS (Pension) Rules 1972