Payment of Wages to Outsourced Persons of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
F. No. 23(4)/E.Coord/2020/1
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 20th May, 2020
Subject: Payment of Wages to Outsourced Persons of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19.
As a measure to avoid undue hardship during lockdown period to the contractual, casual and outsource staff of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India, instructions were issued by Department of Expenditure [DoE] vide OM of even no. dated 23/03/2020 that any contractual, casual and outsource staff, who are required to stay at home in view of the lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, shall be treated as “on duty” during such period of absence and necessary pay/wages would be paid accordingly.
2. These instructions also applies to all the Attached/Subordinate Office, Autonomous/ Statutory Bodies of Government of India and was valid upto 30th April, 2020.
Also Check: Expected DA Calculator from July 2022
3. The lockdown period has since been extended from time to time and as per MHA’s order dated 17/05/2020 the lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 have been extended upto 31.05.2020. Accordingly, the validity of DoE’s instructions issued vide OM dated 23/03/2020 is hereby extended till 31st May, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
Dopt Orders on Lockdown Period:
- 20 May 2020: Exemption from Duty in Lockdown Period for Central Govt Employees – Dopt
- 3 April 2020: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 – Guidelines for PSUs and Financial Institutions – Dopt
- 31 March 2020: Retirement of Government Servants on 31st March 2020 – Clarification order issued by DoPT
- 30 March 2020: Counting of the limitation period for the diverse purposes under CCS (CCA) Rules 1965, CCS (Pension) Rules 1972
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF