Pay Parity for Defence Personnel – Memorandum submitted to 7th Pay Commission
Pay Parity for Defence Personnel
The three Services, in the Joint Services Memorandum submitted by them to the Seventh Central Pay Commission have projected following major parity issues:
• Review and enhancement of Grade Pay of Service Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBORs);
• Initial Pay fixation of Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel and Brigadier equivalents;.
• Placing of all Lieutenant General / equivalent in Higher Administrative Grade + (HAG+) scale;
• Grant of Non-Functional upgradation to Defence Services Officers; and
• Common Pay Scales for Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) / Other Ranks (ORs).
The principle of One Rank One Pension has been accepted by the Government. The modalities for its implementation have been discussed with various stakeholders.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Ajay Sancheti in Rajya Sabha today.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF