Demands on Service Matters, 7th CPC and DA Merger – Ordnance Employees decided to go on ‘Indefinite strike’ from 17th Feb 2014
Serving Strike Notice by Individual Affiliated Unions on 03.02.2014 – Indefinite Strike Commencing from 17.02.2014. 6.00 A.M.
INDIAN NATIONAL DEFENCE WORKERS FEDERATION
All Affiliated Unions of INDWF
Office Bearers & Working Committee Meeting of INDWF
Sub. : Indefinite Strike
Three Recognised Defence Federations (INDWF, AIDEF & BPMS) have jointly decided and issued a Joint Declaration on 19.09.2013 to call for a Joint Agitation by the Defence Civilian Employees including of a indefinite strike. Notice of the Joint Declaration was sent to Defence Secretary Dt. 19.09.2013 alongwith the charter demands. The Joint Declaration and the programme of action together with the charter of demands was sent to all our affiliated unions for conducting Strike Ballot. Accordingly strike ballot was conducted by our affiliated unions as per our programme on 19.12.2013 and reports were sent to the Federation HQrs. It has been observed as per reports that more than 98% of the Defence Civilian Employees all over the country have voted in favour of the indefinite strike as the demands are very much genuine and long pending.
After receiving the reports of the strike ballot, we have sent further intimation to the secretary, Ministry of Defence that the majority employees have supported the strike and the Ministry of Defence should settle the problems forth with failing which, the Defence Civilian Employees will go on indefinite strike and the date for strike will be intimated.
Three recognized Federation have met at New Delhi on 27.01.2014 and noted with serious concern that even after more than 4 month after forwarding the Joint Declaration alongwith charter of demands, there is no progress in settlement of the issues pertaining to Defence Civilian Employees and the Govt. has not taken any step forward for a negotiated settlement/Agreement on the charter of demands.
Considering the negative attitude of the Government and Ministry of Defence towards the demands of the Defence Civilian Employees and its negligence, three Federations have decided in the meeting held on 27.01.2014 at New Delhi to organize Defence Civilian Employees for an indefinite strike starting from 17.02.2014 from 0600 AM in support of the following charter of demands. The meeting also calls upon the affiliated unions of the three Federations to jointly mobilize the Defence Workers by various agitational programmes during the period of serving strike notice on 03.07.2014 and make the strike a grand success.
The meeting also appeals to the CDRA, its affiliates and all other trade unions and associations functioning in the Defence Establishments to join the indefinite strike in the interest of unity of the Defence Employees and also realize the out standing demands of the Defence Civilian Employees.
Serving Strike Notice by Individual Affiliated Unions on 03.02.2014
Indefinite Strike Commencing from 17.02.2014. 6.00 A.M.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
Demands on Service Matters
1) Grant of 2nd / 3rd MACP in Grade Pay Rs. 4600/- to the Artisan Staff of Defence Establishments who were granted 2nd ACP in the Chargeman Pay Scale of Rs. 5000-8000 upto 31.12.2005 (inspite of MoD’s recommendation matter is pending with Defence Finance)
2) Correlation of the hourly rate of Industrial Workers deployed on Piece Work system in Ordnance Factories in 6th CPC Pay Scale w.e.f. 01.01.2006 (inspite of MoD’s recommendation matter is pending with Defence Finance)
3) Grant of Departmental Overtime Wages to the Industrial Workers deployed on Piece Work system in the Ordnance Factories (inspite of MoD’s recommendation matter is pending with Defence Finance)
4) Grant of hourly rate to the Piece Workers of Ordnance Factories who were given MACP benefits, (inspite of MoD’s recommendation matter is pending with Defence Finance)
5) Grant of revised ACP benefits to the labourers who have completed 30 years of service by granting an one time exemption of Trade Test. (MoD’s recommendation in the matter is pending with DOP&T)
6) Grant of revised ACP benefits to the erstwhile Group “D” NIEs (MoD’s recommendation in the matter is pending with DOP&T)
7) Revision of Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.1996 and from 01.01.2006 in the 5th and 6th CPC rates respectively by implementing the Court Judgments on the subject.
8) Doubling of the Risk Allowance for Defence Civilian Employees w.e.f, 01.09.2008 has agreed in the National Anomaly Committee Meeting.
9) Implementation of the following judgment to the similarly placed employees. As per the provisions of DOP&T OM No. A11019/2/98-AT dated 03rd September, 1998
i) Grant of MACP in promotional hierarchy (Government’s SLP dismissed in the case of CAT Chandigarh Bench Judgment on OA No. 1038/CH of 2010)-
ii) Placement from HS Grade to HS Grade-I should be ignored for . granting MACP (Judgment of CAT Principal Bench New Delhi in the case of Employees of 505 ABW, New Delhi referring various Supreme Court Judgments)
iii) Restoration of the opportunity of Chowkidars and Safaiwalas of MES for redesignation as Mate (SS) (Judgment of the Hon’ble CAT Ernakulam Bench in OA No.109/2012 dated 12.12.2012)
iv) Removal of discrimination and grant of skilled pay scale of Rs. 260-4000/950-1500 to non-petitioner Valvemen of MES (Judgment of Hon’ble CAT Jodhpur Bench in OA No. 51/2002 dated 21st July, 2003)
v) Inclusion of HRA and Transport Allowance etc. for computation of OT Wages under Factories Act 1948 based on the judgment of Madras High Court, vi) Implementation of higher Pay Scale and grade structure for the similarly placed Cooks of all Defence Establishments as granted to the Cooks of Air Force vide MoD Letter No. Air HQ./23064/Cooks/PC-4/444-CC/D (Air-!II) dated 12th November, 2013 based on the judgment of Hon’ble Principal Bench CAT, New Delhi.
10) Approval of all cadre review proposals of MTS, Durwan, Fireman, Drivers, Storekeeping Staff, Industrial Canteen Staff, Para Medical Staff, Stenographers, DEO, JJWM and Clerical Staff of OFB, DRDO, DGQA, Navy, EME, AOC, Air Force and other Directorates pending at different level.
11) Grant of PRIS to the DRDO Employees at par with Department of Atomic Energy and ISRO.
12) Revision of Fixed Medical Allowance to the Defence Employees posted at hard stations / isolated places and also grant of medical reimbursement for inpatient treatment for such employees by implementing the judgment of Punjab and Haryana High Court.
13) Grant of Four Grade Structure to the Ammunition Mechanic of NAD under Navy.
14) Grant of Four Grade Structure to the Meter Reader of MES at par with the Artisan Staff,
15) Extension of CSD Canteen facilities for retired defence civilian employees at par with Ex-Serviceman.
16) Revision of Bonus Payment ceiling and Gratuity Ceiling limit.
17) Opening of CGHS Dispensaries in all major cities and recognition of Hospitals under CGHS in Hill Stations.
DEMANDS ON POLICY ISSUES
1) Withdraw DPP-2013 which is against the interest of DRDO and Ordnance Factories.
2) No FDI in Defence Sector.
3) No disturbance in the functioning of DRDO by implementing Professor Rama Rao Committee recommendations.
4) No arbitrary reduction of manpower in the various Army Units in the name of ASEC Report in violation of the Cabinet Secretary’s directions.
5) No closure of any Defence Units including Military Farms,
6) Stop all types of outsourcing / contract and regularize all the existing contract/casual workers.
7) Fillup all the posts lying vacant in all the Defence Establishments.
8) Withdraw the New Pension Scheme.”
9) Grant of Compassionate Appointment 100% as being granted by the Railway Ministry.
10) No reduction of sanctioned strength of the Ordnance Factories based on Sourab Kumar Committee Report.
DEMANDS ON TRADE UNIONS RIGHTS AND FUNCTIONING OF JCM
1) Regular meeting with the recognized Federations by the MoD and other Directorates should be ensured.
2) Three meetings of the Departmental Council (JCM) and four meeting of the JCM-III Level Council as per the constitution of the JCM Scheme should be ensured.
3) Grant of Trade Unions rights to all the non gazetted employees working. in the Defence Establishments as being given in the case of Railway.
4) Grant of Trade Unions rights to the Employees of Hospitals and Training Establishments under MoD since these Establishments are already recognized as Industry by the Labour Ministry.
5. Grant of Trade Unions rights to the Defence Civilian Employees posted at area declared under SRO-17E.
DEMANDS ON 7th CPC ISSUES
1) Settle all the 6th CPC Anomalies and all Cadre review proposals before 7th CPC starts functioning.
2) Accept all the terms of reference of 7th CPC submitted by the staff side of National Council (JCM) to the DOP&T.
3) Implement the revised comprehensive pay packet for the Central Government Employees as on 01.01.2014.
4) To Consider the demand of merger of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief with Basic Pay and Basic Pension and also grant of interim relief.
The 4 lakhs Defence Civilian Employees who are the fourth force of the Defence of our country are committed and dedicated workforce and they work side by side with the uniformed personnel for the security of our great nation. Their contribution to the Defence preparedness cannot be underestimated. Any disturbance in the industrial relations in the Defence Establishments will hamper the Defence preparedness. The Defence Civilian Employees and their Trade Unions with this responsibility in mind were patiently waiting for settlement of their demands. However, since there is no positive outcome inspite of our best efforts, the Defence Civilian Employees are forced to proceed with an indefinite Strike from 17.02.2014
Source : www.Indwf.blogspot.in
Latest News on DA Merger for CG Employees:
- Merger of DA with the Basic Pay from April 2004 to Running Staff – NFIR Letter Dated 30.3.2021 April 2, 2021
- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay from April 2004 for Running Staff – Railway Board March 10, 2017
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits October 20, 2016
- Merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment – BSNL Orders issued July 21, 2016
- Dorai focus on two crucial issues of 50% DA Merger and 3% Increment April 25, 2016
- 6th Pay Commission Dearness Allowance ends with 6% hike at 125% March 25, 2016
- Merge DA with Basic this year and Defer Increments: Pay Panel Member February 15, 2016
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks September 23, 2015
- Seeking Merger of DA and Oppose reduce the Retirement age – DPCC August 25, 2015
- Denial of interim relief and the benefit of merger of DA with Pay must be viewed very seriously – NC JCM June 22, 2015
- DA to CPSE Employees from Jan 15 – 262% to 273% for without 50% DA Merger – 212% to 223% with 50% DA Merger May 14, 2015
- Order for Merger of 50% DA, Retirement age news goes viral in Social Media May 5, 2015
- NC JCM writes to PM regarding the pending demands of Central Govt Employees – DA Merger, NPS, Interim Relief, Promotion and Bonus issues May 1, 2015
- Pensioners seek 50% da merger and Bus travel concession April 16, 2015
- Meeting with 7th Pay Commission and DoPT on 25.2.2015 – Confederation publishes brief resume of the discussions February 27, 2015
- JCM Staff Side Meeting with 7th Pay Commission – Discussion about DA Merger and Interim Relief February 25, 2015
- NFIR – 55 Point Charter of Demands Including DA Merger, Interim Relief and Scrap NPS February 24, 2015
- Meeting between JCM Staff Side & 7th Pay Commission – Discussion on DA Merger & Interim Relief – NFIR February 19, 2015
- Decisions taken National Joint Council of Action meeting held on 16.02.2015 on 7th CPC, DA Merger issues February 17, 2015
- NMC urges FM to raise IT exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, exclude DA from IT calculation, Merge DA in Basic Pay & Pension etc. February 16, 2015
- Central Govt refused Interim Relief and DA Merger – Assured for 7th CPC Report on time January 29, 2015
- Central Trade Unions submits Joint Memorandum including DA Merger and 5 Lakh IT Exemption to Finance Minister January 21, 2015
- Staff Side NC JCM writes to Cabinet Secretary for Interim Relief, Merger of DA January 13, 2015
- Will the 7th Pay Commission present an Interim Report to the Centre? December 18, 2014
- National Council Staff Side JCM meets today (11.12.2014) – Eyes of all look expectantly on the demand of DA Merger and Interim Relief December 11, 2014
- NDA AND UP TWO SIDES OF SAME COIN – EDITORIAL POSTAL CRUSADER DECEMBER-2014 December 1, 2014
- Whether 7th Pay Commission proposes to submit Interim Report? November 24, 2014
- DA Merger & Interim Relief – National Convention of NC JCM Meeting on 11.12.2014 – INDWF Circular November 23, 2014
- Government of India is reluctant to consider Merger of DA, Interim relief, scrapping of New Pension Scheme November 19, 2014
- CONFEDERATION MASS SQUATTING ON 18TH NOVEMBER 2014 – PRESS MEET BY TAMILNADU CONFEDERATION November 19, 2014
- DA MERGER – INTERIM RELIEF – DATE OF EFFECT OF 7TH CPC RECOMMENDATIONS FROM 01.01.2014 November 18, 2014
- JCM NATIONAL COUNCIL STAFF SIDE – ALL INDIA CONVENTION ON 11.12.2014 November 1, 2014
- JCM STAFF SIDE UNITY SHOULD BE FOR STRUGGLE October 31, 2014
- National Convention of the NC (JCM Staff Side) for DA Merger and Interim Relief October 28, 2014
- Central Government Employees Federations to observe Protest Day on 5th December October 27, 2014
- National Convention will adopt a joint resolution on DA Merger, Interim Relief October 22, 2014
- National Council JCM Staff Side Meeting Will Be Held Tomorrow October 11, 2014
- Is Interim Relief Likely for Central Government Employees? October 10, 2014
- Demands for DA Merger & Interim Relief strengthen Once again…NC JCM Staff Side emergency meeting on October 12 October 6, 2014
- Urgent meeting of the Staff Side of JCM (National Council) on 12.10.2014 October 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION DECLARES NEXT PROGRAMME OF ACTION October 2, 2014
- CG Employees Launch Countrywide Stir Demanding 7th Pay Commission Interim Relief September 22, 2014
- DA from July 2014 – Cabinet may declare 7% in this month for CG Staff September 1, 2014
- Negation of the promises – Granting Interim Relief-Merger of DA, LTC by Air and Exemption of Income Tax August 28, 2014
- BRMS demands to merge 50% DA and Grant Rs.7000 as Interim Relief August 16, 2014
- Memorandum of Interim Relief and merger of Dearness allowance–Confederation News July 27, 2014
- NO MERGER OF DA – FINANCE MINISTRY REPLY TO NATIONAL COUNCIL SECRETARY July 3, 2014
- PENDING DEMANDS OF CG EMPLOYEES AND NEW GOVERNMENT – CONFEDERATION NEWS June 18, 2014
- Demand for 50% DA Merger presented to the new government June 16, 2014
- Feedback of meeting with Cabinet Secretary–Regarding of DA Merger & Interim Relief June 14, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER : Merger of DA with Pay and sanction of Interim Relief for the Central Government Employees June 14, 2014
- 50% Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay–NFIR Writes to New FM on 28.5.2014 May 30, 2014
- AIRF demanded to the 7th Pay Commission including Merger of DA and Interim Relief May 29, 2014
- Central employees awaiting next govt nod on DA merger March 19, 2014
- NMC pleads with seventh CPC for merger of 50% DA March 12, 2014
- Expectations for 50% DA Merger and Retirement age turn into disappointments March 7, 2014
- Can the govt servants get 30% Salary hike on account of 50% DA Merger? – An analysis March 7, 2014
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement Age 62 – High hopes fading due to announcement of election dates… March 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION CALLS FOR PROTEST AGAINST THE ARBITRARY AND UNILATERAL DECISION OF THE GOVERNMENT March 2, 2014
- 7th Pay Commission can suggest the Merger of DA in its interim report… March 1, 2014
- Whether 50% DA Merger will be approved or not..? March 1, 2014
- 50% Merger of DA and Retirement Age 62 – No discussion in the Cabinet Meeting March 1, 2014
- Cabinet Approves Merger of DA with Basic Pay February 28, 2014
- CABINET APPROVED 10% DA HIKE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS February 28, 2014
- Merger of D.A., 7th CPC ToR and Raising Retirement age 62–Cabinet will decide today..! February 28, 2014
- Impact of Merger of 50% DA in Basic Pay February 27, 2014
- Retirement Age 62 and 10% DA from Jan 2014 – Cabinet expected to clear on Friday (28.202014) February 26, 2014
- 50% DA Merger, Retirement Age 62 and Interim Relief – Cabinet is likely to clear some of these demands..! February 24, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of merger of 50% DA with basic pay February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger – BSNL Employees Union February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger February 23, 2014
- Central Govt to pay the Dearness allowance for state government employees February 23, 2014
- Merger of 100% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2014 and Merger of 50% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2011 February 21, 2014
- AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay February 21, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and grant of Interim Relief – NFIR February 21, 2014
- Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC ToR – Cabinet likely to approve 7th CPC ToR February 20, 2014
- 50% DA MERGE OR INTERIM RELIEF FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES February 17, 2014
- Latest 50% DA Merger News February 4, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay January 30, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA will soon be considered by Central Government Before the Budget Session… January 17, 2014
- Retirement Age 62, Merger of DA, Scrapping of NPS, inclusion of federation leaders in 7th CPC etc. – Memorandum submitted to PM January 8, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Pay of the Central Government Employees – reg. November 13, 2013
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF